In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

I hate turkey hunting

headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
I see these shows on TV they sit down 10 minutes later high fives all around with a turket at there feet. I put my turkey to bed last night 140 yards off my back deck thinking this is going to be easy wake up 430 get in the woods and kill the little bugger. Well i get in the woods all set turkey gobbles a few times and Im ready to go. he flys down I see um 70 yards out running to my decoy. Im going to be back by 5:30 to sleep im saying to my self. Im not even calling hes running at the decoy. Well out of the corner of my eye coming from the other side of the field here comes a coyote running full speed to. so its a race to my decoy winner gets to die. the tom sees the yote and takes off into the posted woods and hes safe. Me trying to get a shot at the bird stood up a little and off goes the yote. shots fired done But I was home by 530

"Were not here for a long time were here for a good time"

Comments

• Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    moral of the story....Don't believe everything you see on TV, right? [:D]

I'd rather find a mushroom right now than a gobbler. [:D], probably taste better.

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    Still trying to find someone who will trade me Morels for Shrimp. Any takers?

its all about pucks and bucks
    smilie_schuetze.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    What do these mushrooms look like and are they in NY and if so If i find any I will trade them for shrimp especially prowns I love them big guys

• Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    At least you got to go hunt. That is the start of a good day right there. And you got to see wildlife that makes it a little better. Pulled the trigger thats always fun. And you got back home by 530. thats a pretty good day. [:D] Better luck to ya next time. Hope you get the yote. [;)]

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    040512bsun.jpg
    here's what they look like headzilla, if your not positive though I wouldn't recommend eating any until your sure their safe.
    I believe morels are found all over the US.

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I dont think I have every seen them before where do they grow swamps woods what?

• Options
    edited November -1
    You find them in wooded areas, around dead trees, grassy spots. The moisture and temperature is what makes them start up. I tend to have better luck just after it rains. The temperature usually needs to be in the high 50's or 60's and it can't get very cold at night, maybe down in the 40's, but no less. I've seen them grow under briar bushes, along creek beds, it's kinda hard to tell. Some people say that an old dead elm tree is where they always are, but I don't know about that.
    I looked around this morning after turkey hunting, but didn;t find any. It's been chilly in the evenings aound here though.