In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Taco help

buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
Taco do you know what the status is with Illinois bow licence now for non-resident. I had to cancel North Dakota hunt and I am looking at comming back to Illinois to kick your *.[;)]

Comments

• Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    buckey the last thing I read, and it was still to be voted on, was that the changes this year would be fairly suttle and increase prices over the next two or three years. Again small increase BUT like I said that was still up in the air. I will try to find you the web site that has the proposed bill and the dates it goes for vote. If you can find the Illinois bowhunters society site, there forum has some info. I'll see what I can find, maybe between taco and I we can get you some usefull info.

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/BillStatus.asp?DocNum=1074&GAID=8&DocTypeID=HB&LegId=15814&SessionID=50&GA=94

Here is what I have found so far, lots of amendments. I did read on IBS that it is supposed to be $325 this year and $435 by 2007.
    You need to let me know when you come to IL. I think I can talk a few of us into going down to S. Il to do beers. I am hoping to get to spend some time down there huntin' again this year if I have to take the family with me. [;)]
    Sorry taco didn't mean to jump in and take your post away[:I].

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I will let you know when I come thanks for the info contacted outfitter he will cal me as soon as the new ruling goes thru so I can send for my licence. that would be great to meet you guys well you any-way I don't know about Taco.[:D][:D]
  • Options
    Wild OkieWild Okie Member Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Do any of you get around Carbondale in southern Ill. I have lots of family there.

MLMorgan
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ive been to Ewing Illinois don't Know where carbondale is from there.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Only time I was there was to draw blood on some dairy cows. I hunt around the bluford area.

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Any of you guy's from illinois have a place for me and my bro to hunt I will pay you instead of an outfitter. Ill even buy the beer[:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    http://dnr.state.il.us Here is a link to the DNR web site I think you will be able to apply online for your out of state license.

I unfortunatley don't have enough land to fit anymore people right now but I hope to in the next year or two. You will definately get an invite when I get some more. As will the rest of you.

• Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy
    Taco do you know what the status is with Illinois bow licence now for non-resident. I had to cancel North Dakota hunt and I am looking at comming back to Illinois to kick your *.[;)]

Bring it on monkeyboy[:D] Bang knows more about that stuff than I do. I have breakfast with a DNR buddy of mine every Friday and i'll see what kind of info I can find out. Only thing I know right now is when season opens and where i'll be opening morning. One of these days i'm gonna have to read some things on the DNR website[:D] Okie, Carbondale is about 60 miles south of where Bang and I hunt during firearm season. Bang hunts in Bluford and I hunt in Mt. Vernon.

Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Monkey-boy[B)] A" I'll spread you around like the sunday paper on a windy day.[:D][:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    [/quote]
    Only thing I know right now is when season opens and where i'll be opening morning.
    [/quote]

You get your stuff turned in for first lottery for gun season? Archery opens on a Sat. this year. 5 months.......and counting every day.

• Options
    edited November -1
    Yup sent my firearm permit in a day after I got it. Hopin I get two again this year. I see another Frosty Mug trip coming up in a few months also.[:D]

• Options
    Wild OkieWild Okie Member Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was born in Mt.Carmell Ill. That is on the Indiana border .I did a lot of growing up in Carter Ville Ill. and Princeton Ind. .I moved to OKLA. In 1975 when I was stationed at Fort Sill Got out in 78 and stayed hear. There are some big deer In Ill. We got scrawny ones hear. I have come across one big bruiser hear and I missed him with a shot gun during gun season. I have been seeing tracks that look like there might be another one out there this year . I'm going to spend extra time in the woods this year and see if I can get his number for bow season. I like the young ones for eating. If I get him it will be for the rack and I'll donate the meat. (Do you guys have a program like that?) Then shoot me one for eaten.[:o)]

"Okie, Carbondale is about 60 miles south of where Bang and I hunt during firearm season. Bang hunts in Bluford and I hunt in Mt. Vernon."

MLMorgan
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Taco, did you talk to you DNR friend? Just wondering if you heard any good news?

• Options
    edited November -1
    Bang I didn't see him Friday, he's on vacation til the 20th. As soon as I find anything out i'll let ya'll know. Ewing is in my old stomping grounds between Mt. Vernon and Benton where my brother lives.