In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

sound strip placement

JimmyJackJimmyJack Member Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭✭
Can anyone tell me exactly the best place for the sound strips that are furnished for a compound bow?

Comments

• Options
    headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    I would put it on the limbs

"Were not here for a long time were here for a good time"
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thank You, but where on the limbs? Horizontally? Close to the barrel? The pair that came with the bow are about 3 inches long. No instructions. Are they for string slap or vibration?
  • Options
    gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What do they look like? What are they made of I am not really familiar with what you asking I need a little more detail.
  • Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As gogo said more info needed, if they're strips they could go around your quiver, or in front of your bow below the riser.

Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    they are soft rubber about 3 inches long and 1/2 inch wide.
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Is there any paperwok with them? The manufacturer usually will let you know where they work best for each bow. I would call their tech dept and see where they suggest you apply them.[;)] Then if they suck you can get your money back.[:0]
  • Options
    gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am taking a stab in the dark on this one but if they have adhesive on them and there are 4 of them best guess is they are for a split limb bow to be put on the under side of the limbs. I feel like I am playing charades
  • Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    I believe gogolen hit the nail on the head. I saw a bow in the shop the other day that had very similar strips attached to the split limbs, relatively close to the axle & cam.

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Finally got hold of a Horton Technician. Said they were for vibration, and should be placed on the outside of the stirrip, or on the quiver ( which is removable) They reccomended a different kind for the barrel. I shot it and it is quieter then a ten point without the strips.
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Ha Ha Ha Ha, ya bunch of smarty pants.[:o)][:o)][:D]