In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

need suggestion ....UPDATE

bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
I may have asked this before but could anyone recommend a good light weight, quiet, not to expensive climing stand? I thought about the lone wolf but think that it may be more than I want to spend right now. especially knowing I can get them next year at the classic, a lot cheaper. Should have bought one this year but I didn't.
considering a summit of some sort. Any thoughts, Ideas??

UPDATE.... Getting the Summit viper X5. few pounds heavier than the lone wolf but about $120 cheaper and looks really comfy.

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.

Comments

• Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Check out the summits I love mine.the prices are good and they are quick and easy no knobs buttons or crap like that.[;)]
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    Only bad thing about the summit: If you consistently hunt the same tree, you are going to scar the crap out of it.

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hey dingle- berry If I were gonna hunt the same tree why would I use a climber. [:D][:D][B)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy
    Hey dingle- berry If I were gonna hunt the same tree why would I use a climber. [:D][:D][B)]

Well, pud-knocker, maybe he only hunts on weekends, and he can't leave his stand out during the week.[:D]

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!
  • Options
    gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ben,
    Thats why you hunt a spot that is hard to find and use a padlock[:D] I am not a climber fan. I would much rather hang my stand on friday night hunt it for the weekend and take it down on sunday then piddle fart around with it all weekend long, but thats just me.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Pud -knocker how did you know.[:D] don't tell me they steal stands there too.[V] hey Bang e-bay has sone summits also one called center shot made by buck shot I have one of those also its my favriot of all.
    punch in treestand on e-bay don't go to hunting. Bens Gay[:D][:D][:0]
  • Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy

Bens Gay[:D][:D][:0]

Hmmm, I think I remember someone admitting they suck[?] Oh and it WASN'T Ben[:D][:D][:D]

Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Taco who was it. Susp Gogo or Head I always had mu suspisions about those guys.[:0][:D]
  • Options
    gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    and you wonder what scares off all the newbies....[:0]

its all about pucks and bucks
    smilie_schuetze.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    No we know what scares them off. why do ya think we do it. weed e'm out fast.
  • Options
    Wild OkieWild Okie Member Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My big problem with climbers is I can't find very many trees in my area that I can use them in. I look at them quite often and think man I would like to have one but then I think where would I use it. I've always been part monkey but now I'm getting to be an old monkey. I guess I will have to hire a tree stand hanger but, then my wife will want a pool boy.[:o)]

MLMorgan
  • Options
    friendofbillwfriendofbillw Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Rarely will I hunt(bow) a tree more than twice.That's the beauty of a climber.I've had a few different climbers in the past and they got the job done.I can not find one fault with my Lone Wolf.I bought the Alpha climber 5 years ago and I think it's one of the best investments I ever made for hunting.Trust me I'm far from rich (I scrub toilets for a living)but I'd buy another again in an instant.Safety you can not put a price on.This stand is more stable if it's cock eyed than others I've had when they're set up right.The stand folds down to 3". That means I can actually hunt and easily shoot a bow with it on my back.I don't care to get wet when hunting.Climbing a tree with an Alpha is a breeze when you sit on the shooting rail.I'm a big believer that buying the best(not the most expensive) pays of in the long run.I plan on using it for a good many years to come.It makes my hunting easier and more enjoyable.Best of luck what ever you decide.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by friendofbillw
    Rarely will I hunt(bow) a tree more than twice.That's the beauty of a climber.I've had a few different climbers in the past and they got the job done.I can not find one fault with my Lone Wolf.I bought the Alpha climber 5 years ago and I think it's one of the best investments I ever made for hunting.Trust me I'm far from rich (I scrub toilets for a living)but I'd buy another again in an instant.Safety you can not put a price on.This stand is more stable if it's cock eyed than others I've had when they're set up right.The stand folds down to 3". That means I can actually hunt and easily shoot a bow with it on my back.I don't care to get wet when hunting.Climbing a tree with an Alpha is a breeze when you sit on the shooting rail.I'm a big believer that buying the best(not the most expensive) pays of in the long run.I plan on using it for a good many years to come.It makes my hunting easier and more enjoyable.Best of luck what ever you decide.

Have you had any trouble with the rubber straps catching on the tree bark as you climb?
    This is about the only complaint that I have heard and only heard it from one person.
    FYI.. I found one on fleabay its at $250 right now with a few days left.

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:buckeyboy Posted - 05/04/2005 : 3:10:17 PM
    Taco who was it. Susp Gogo or Head I always had mu suspisions about those guys.

Hey leave me out of your homo erotic fantasies. [}:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I cant stop thinking about you gogo. you he man you[:0]
  • Options
    headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    How do we go from talking about treestand to be gay in 5 posts. my two cents are I just bought a climer after the season because im fat and was tired of sitting in itty bitty hang on stands so i bought a summit python

"Were not here for a long time were here for a good time"
  • Options
    Palmetto BugPalmetto Bug Member Posts: 28 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've got the Lone Wolf Sit-n-climb combo. It's a great climber. The strap is a notched belt with steel cable embedded. It's very gentle on trees and very very stable. I can adjust mine in the tree. It folds flat and backpacks very well. I can easily shoot my bow with it on my back. If you pay the factory suggested price, it's still a good deal.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yeah, Bug. I've been thinking about getting one of those...It seems like a good deal.

Ben

P.S. Welcome to the forum. Don't be intimidated by our ranting. We are a good bunch. We even accept Buckey's alternative lifestyle.

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:headzilla97 Posted - 05/05/2005 : 1:13:45 PM
    How do we go from talking about treestand to be gay in 5 posts. my two cents are I just bought a climer after the season because im fat and was tired of sitting in itty bitty hang on stands so i bought a summit python

What about an API baby grand?
  • Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    I like a couple of the models that River's Edge has. One's the tiger claw, growl! [:D] pretty resonable price wise, I think.
    p636462reg.jpg
    Only place I know that sells river's edge is Dick's (not buckeyboy, the store) [:D]

quote:Taco who was it. Susp Gogo or Head I always had mu suspisions about those guys.
    payback baby! [;)]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    daweimerdaweimer Member Posts: 135 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    friendofbillwfriendofbillw Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    quote:Originally posted by friendofbillw

Have you had any trouble with the rubber straps catching on the tree bark as you climb?
    This is about the only complaint that I have heard and only heard it from one person.
    FYI.. I found one on fleabay its at $250 right now with a few days left.

The only problem that I've had is with * bark.But with other stands I've used,especially ones with a metal bar instead of a gripping strap,aren't stable in any tree that the stand can't bite into the bark.In a Hickory the bottom strap(on platform) can get caught and be a real pain.But at least it's stable and safe and you can sit down to get it out of the bark.
  • Options
    headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    quote:What about an API baby grand?

When I was short on money dicks had a sale on tree stands 30 bucks a piece for hang on stands. hell of a deal so I bought 6 of them. I bought one the year before and it worked good then i hit a growth spurt went from 220 to 250 all in my rear and now it doesnt fit well in the seat so im not comfortable. so I slapped a a cheap turkey seat on all my stands. It works good but i feel like im going to slip off it. I had a real nice aluminum hang on stand once but it got stolen. Funny thing was I think the guy i shoot with stole it. I forgot what it looked like and i saw one in his bow room that looked like it .

"Were not here for a long time were here for a good time"
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Bang. I think you will very pleased with the summit they are nice. I really like mine[:)] real quick to set up not too heavy and they are comfortable. Lot's of nice stands out there. did ya get it on flea Bay[?]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I am tryin' flea bay but if I get out bid I will just order off cabelas tomorrow. I am a little anxious to get it.
    I am high bidder right now though at $110. but I imagine when the time comes down it will pick up.

• Options
    LmbhngrLmbhngr Member Posts: 271 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bang,

I use a Summit Bushmaster XL. It is the ideal portable, quiet, and lightweight climber at 16 lbs. I believe the platform is 20 x 28" but, the seat/hand climber doesn't fold up. Cabelas used to have them for like $150 but, haven't checked lately. I paid $190 for mine about 5 years ago.