In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

SWMO 3D Archery Shoot

shootinfoolshootinfool Member Posts: 219 ✭✭✭
We have set up the 1st Annual Hunters with Disabilities 3D shoot. This is a benefit shoot. It is open to all. You do not have to have a disability to enter this shoot.It is set for June 4th from 8:00a.m. to 3:00p.m. Awards presentation at 3:30. The Range has been donated by "In The Sticks Archery" in Osceola Mo. So 100% of the procedes go to the Hunters With Disabilities Program.

3daddrevised.gif

Comments

• SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Sounds like a good fun time for a very worthy cause. Problem is, I don't believe any frequent vistors to the bow hunting forum are from MO. Good luck, hope you have a large turn out.
  • shootinfoolshootinfool Member Posts: 219 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks, But with the recent rucus at the genreal forum, I'd be afraid to post it there and have it be out of forum. I don't want to cause any problem.
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't think that you will have any problems if you post it in the general discussion forum. You will get more people from there then here . Most of us are from Ill and Ohio. Sounds likes great event though, wish it was closer, cause I have not 3D shot for about 3 years.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shootinfool
    Thanks, But with the recent rucus at the genreal forum, I'd be afraid to post it there and have it be out of forum. I don't want to cause any problem.

Go cause some problems, might lighten things up a bit anyway. [;)] You may get a smart a$% comment about posting it there, but who cares, least some people from MO may read it.

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Wild OkieWild Okie Member Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    shootinfool sounds like fun I'm close enough, and have sent you an e-mail. Let me know if for some reason you don't get it .Sent about 7pm 4/19/05.
    Thanks Wild Okie.

I don't know how your goona get it done but I suspect you do.

MLMorgan
    edited November -1
    Okie, I didn't think you were allowed crossing that Oklahoma border...??? [:D][;)]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
    edited November -1
    We are like dem Mexicans we sneak across.LOLOLOLOLoL[:o)]

MLMorgan
    edited November -1

I almost got to meet Ted Nugent[:(] at an archery convention in Columbus Ohio years ago, but I was working and missed him twice. Heritage Anodize where I used to work does cammo and muti colored anodizing for the archery ,paintball and even those midget racers. I did the cammo on my bow, sights stabilizer, rest release .Now I do plating on aircraft parts which is a whole other ball game.[:o)]

MLMorgan
    edited November -1
    Okie, If you emailed through gun broker, it will come to me, but if you emailed the one in the post, it will go to a friend that is running the shoot. Either way, I hope we get your questions answered.
    edited November -1
    Thanks he has e-mail me back with info and more to come.I hope I can get it together sounds like fun. ,[:o)]Originally posted by shootinfool
    Okie, If you emailed through gun broker, it will come to me, but if you emailed the one in the post, it will go to a friend that is running the shoot. Either way, I hope we get your questions answered.
    [/quote]

MLMorgan
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Wild Okie

I almost got to meet Ted Nugent[:(] at an archery convention in Columbus Ohio years ago, but I was working and missed him twice. Heritage Anodize where I used to work does cammo and muti colored anodizing for the archery ,paintball and even those midget racers. I did the cammo on my bow, sights stabilizer, rest release .Now I do plating on aircraft parts which is a whole other ball game.[:o)]

I hear Arizona has some minute men contracted out to watch the borders these days for those sneaky border jumpers. Hope you don't run into the same thing. [;)]
    I've never met Ted, but have a few friends that have, they visited his store in Michigan and met him there.
    Plating huh, like Zinc, nickle, and chrome ?

edited November -1
    I mostly do hard chrome plating to the landing gear parts. I do a lot of stuff that has to do with the wings also. I do some decorative chrome, manganese phosphate, zinc phosphate, nickel , bright nickel, copper plate, some cadmium plating .Anodizing on occasion .I have experience in plasma and flame spray also .My dream job though is to retire and become a Wal-Mart greeter.
    [:o)]

MLMorgan
    edited November -1
    Wow you lost me on most of that stuff, except the walmart greeter part. [;)]
    You do all that stuff where you work or at home on the side? Take a lot of equipment doesn't it?

• headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    so did ya get my email?

"Were not here for a long time were here for a good time"
    edited November -1
    We are a big company with plants in Tulsa ,OKC ,California and I think something in Washington state. I am not sure about that one though. The Plating processes are done with Dc current electricity. The dissolved metals flow from positive to negative And deposits on the part as a mechanical bond. That would be your chrome, nickel ,cad ,copper. The zinc and magnesium phosphate are chemical corrosions , that stops metal from further corrosion and are great primers for paint. Anodize is done to aluminum with dc current and sulfuric acid .It changes the surface of the aluminum to aluminum oxide. Which is a super corrosion event at the molecular level, or you are changing on metal into a new metal at the surface with a molecular bond that no longer conducts electricity . I have always thought that was pretty amazing, but I can be amazed with a six pack and a bug zapper. Plasma and flame spray are melted metals and or ceramics fused to another metal. Kinda like welding. Hope that helps.[:o)]quote:Originally posted by Suspension
    Wow you lost me on most of that stuff, except the walmart greeter part. [;)]
    You do all that stuff where you work or at home on the side? Take a lot of equipment doesn't it?

MLMorgan
    edited November -1
    okie

What do you do? I think all that oxiding processes and plating processes are pretty neat to. Anodixing is basically the same process as blueing, just different chemicals. Blueing is creating a rust material too. I will probably end up being a manufacturing engineer. So learning about these processes in school is neat.
    edited November -1
    Hear is a site toyou cann learn alot from http://www.finishing.com/ [:o)] quote:Originally posted by shoff14
    okie

What do you do? I think all that oxiding processes and plating processes are pretty neat to. Anodixing is basically the same process as blueing, just different chemicals. Blueing is creating a rust material too. I will probably end up being a manufacturing engineer. So learning about these processes in school is neat.

MLMorgan
    edited November -1
    That's pretty cool Wild Okie. I have a few parts plated for work, just electroless nickle and yellow zinc, once in a while I'll have a fixture sent out for chrome. When I was in high school I rebuilt one of my 4-wheelers, while it was down I sandblasted the frame, painted it with red etching primer then had it nickle plated. Turned out okay, but not the greatest. I got to watch them plate it though, that was cool.
    bug zappers are high on my list to, wonder why they facinate the drinker soooo much [?] [;)]

edited November -1
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    just a reminder!