In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Storm bows

el maestroel maestro Member Posts: 24 ✭✭
Does anyone know anything about Storm archery? I know they are based in Indiana, and from what I have seen on the webiste they look like good bows. I know it's not Matthews, but a persons gotta do what a person gotta do...

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I see that some are reading my question, but no one has input! I will make it a little easier to find the site and take a look.

www.stormarchery.com

Please let me know what you think.

gracias
    maestro
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    not ignoring you maestro, I've never seen or heard of the company

ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    I have not heard of them either. Have you been able to shoot one yet?

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • Options
    gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    Never heard of them... I went with a Bastar* bow too tho.... High Country... whoo hoooo... heck I cant afford Mathews either. We aint all rich like Buckey and Bang....

its all about pucks and bucks
    smilie_schuetze.gif
  • Options
    gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't forget me [:D] I am fortunate enough not to be married or have kids
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:We aint all rich

Not everyone can be me.. I know you want to but you can't

Oh um for those that don't know thats my name. I was just trying to be funny. [:I] OK sorry no more jokes. bad me bad, bad me.

to stick to topic, find a dealer and go shoot one if you like it buy it. Enjoy and let us know what you decide. Give us the "consumer report"

Rich (whom is very depressed cause he is missing the annual fishin' trip with the guys right now[xx(][:(][V])

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    quote:We aint all rich

Not everyone can be me.. I know you want to but you can't

Rich (whom is very depressed cause he is missing the annual fishin' trip with the guys right now[xx(][:(][V])

Let me see you have TWIN BABIES...my youngest is 10.... like I would want to be you...[:p][:p]

I am going fishing ALL weekend... bad week I told David to have boat and bait ready... I will think about you... maybe...[:p]

smilie_schuetze.gif
  • Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Amen Gagirl, I can go fishin, shootin, drinkin, while someone has to take care of twins and honeydo stuff[:p]

Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    [:(][:(][:(][xx(][}:)][:D][;)]

• Options
    edited November -1
    MY dad ended up buying a bow from Storm. I have yet to see it. As soon as we get it set up, I will give a report.
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    cool, sorry your topic went by the wayside, but that's kind of the way it works in here.[:o)]

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Looking forward to your report!

• Options
    edited November -1
    That's cool. I teach, so I understand ADD and ADHD. Watching you all ramble makes me feel right at home...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I don't believe in ADD..........(long silence).................What? sorry I wan't paying attention........(again).............hmmm? [;)]

• Options
    TakeumTakeum Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Howdy y'all,,,
    I purchased a Storm bow last year on Ebay,, It was an F-28 Signature Bow signed by Burly Hall,,, a Mathews Pro 3d shooter for some years now,,,WHen I first purchased the Bow from Ebay,,, It was a nightmare from teh beginning,,, Guy sold me a 50-60lb bow instead of a 60-70 lb bow as advertised,,, I shot the bow a few times, It looks and feels alot like the Lx Mathews bows my buddy has.. But with a few exceptionsmm strings are far cheaper and should be replaced Immediately after buying bow,,, I had brought my Bow into a pro shop here in Tennessee to have a new String installed after maybe shooting a mere 300 arrrows or so through it,,, I ordered the new WInners Choice String for it with the Armour coating to prevent the string wear problem I was having,,, But when the Bowtech Dealer tried to compress the Bow to install the New Strings,,,I Immediately heard I loud BANG from my Bow exploding when the tech was cheching Poundage of my bow,, The Bow had some serious problems with the screws that attached to the lower Cam that stripped out of the hole because as we found out,,, the STorm Bow had there screws, screwed into the cam,,, without a nut on back side,, and worst of all,,, screws were mostly only screwed ito cam about half length,, "maybe 4 turns or so into cam " which left for a Mighty Dangerous situation,, Poor Guys knuckles were bleeding and He was a bit what they say,,," "SHellshocked" from eth entire Ordeal, But after getting his witts about him,, He started to look the bow over,, and after awhile of careful planning,, We installed some better Quality screws made by bowtech, that reached at least to the other side of cam,,, and then installed all new bushing into Upper as well as lower Cams with the newer Cables and strings by Winners choice,,, SO that Being said,,,A Bow merely 30 days Old and a total Investment of oh say,,200.00 dollars and some bloody knuckles,,,the Ol Storm has some new life in her,,, and new string, cables and bushing work great for a cheap Quality made bow,,,Perhaps thats why Storm Bows has been sold a few times,,,Clearwater, I know for sure was one of the companies that used to own storm,,, But I was assured by owner,, THat storm bows today are Much better Bows then the model F-28 I bought,,, which was a 2003 model,,, SO if you dont Mind doing alittle engineering and use your Archery talents to do alittle fixing up of Ol STorm,,, Go ahead and Buy One,, I bought mine brand New for around 200.00 dollars,,, Not to mention the 200.00 or so dollars I used to Just do some repairs on her after a mere 30 days, if that,,, If Not,, Go buy yourself a Much more reliable Bow made by some company that Ben around awhile,, Like Bowtech,, Mathews, or Hoyt,,, Better to be safe then to be sorry,, Heck,, I havent even killed a deer yet with it,,,and to add insult to injury,, My Signature on my Bow has come off and Ol Burley Hall's name is Gone,, Lucky for him,,, I wouldnt be caught dead signing my name on a Bow with these problems,, WOnder if STorm has any new Lawsuits do to this problem they were having,,, Just a THought,,, Goodluck, whatever y'all buy,,, But at least you did the right thing first,, and asked about Storm,,, and You now have an answer from One unsatisfied Buyer
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Welcome aboard Takeum! I'll give you a little heads up about this forum.......It can get real deep sometimes.[:D][;)] Hope you have some boots[:D][;)]

• Options
    TakeumTakeum Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    THanks for the headup Bang250,,, I'll make sure I wear my new waders next time,,, Heck,, I wearem most of the time anyway... lol,, Quack,,
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Welcome Takeum.... and quack back at ya

smilie_schuetze.gif
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Hell Im not rich[V] Just rather have a new bow (mathews) Than a new car. If I were rich I would be off on a hunting trip right now instead of hanging around with you troublemakers[;)] especially you Taco -Bell[}:)][:0] Oh I almost forgot why the heck does everyone keep saying mathews is so expensive. there right in there with hoyt bow tech and many others. Your starting to piss gogo off and he won't like me no more if you do that so knock it off[:o)]