In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Mathews Solo Cam MQ1

47studebaker47studebaker Member Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭✭✭
Hi, Have the chance to upgrade? from my loaner PSE to a MQ1 with site, rest and stabilizer. $300 Yes, No, Maybe?

Comments

• Options
    gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    No. Should be $200 or less... there are even 2 on the auction side of this... one that you can get for I think $235 on a buy it now price.

its all about pucks and bucks
    smilie_schuetze.gif
  • Options
    gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I really hat to contradict you Gagirl but, $300 for the bow rest sight and stabilizer is the going price. The one you are refering to for $235 has no rest sight or stabilizer by the time you added all of those items you would have exceeded the $300 price tag. By all means Studebaker if you are comforatable with that Mathews don't hesitate to get it as $300 is the going price for that bow set up.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    rest stabilizer and sight... too generic to give any value to. Can get all three at the end of season at wally world for less than $30 for all combined. I still think $300 is a bit steep.

smilie_schuetze.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the responses. The sight is a 3 pin "tru-glo", I'll keep that, The rest, I'll change to the "Bisket", has one of those 2 pin things, figure the stabilizer and vibration buttons will stay. Does anyone have any idea how old it is? Draw weight is 70#, length is ok for me. It's on consignment at a local bow shop. Have to deal direct with the bows owner. Shop said they were just displaying used bows for customers, didn't have anything in them. I will tell you, it shot much smoother than my PSE.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    with what you said about the addition stuff... I would def consider negotiating the price...

smilie_schuetze.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Just looked at the auction here, What do those big knobs? on the limb adjustment do? Are they a "silencer"?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Studebaker,
    The knobs you are refering to are an add on vibration dampening system.
    Gagirl,
    You seem like a nice person, however I sincerly doubt that you want to go toe to toe with me when it comes to archery knowledge. If you do however I fear you are coming to the party unarmed. The least expensive truglo sight can be had for about $30, the most expensive will run you in the neighborhood of $160 dollars. The average TM hunter rest (thats the one with the 2 prongs lil lady) will run you about $30. Stabilizers can cost as little as $10 or as much as $150. With out counting the stabilizer and saying that studebakers prospective bow has the least expensive truglo sight on it that still puts the GB bow at $295 less s&h. So I will remain standing firm on my original and correct statement that the bow studebaker is looking at is of fair market value.
    Later
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Studebaker,
    1 more thing the MQ1 was introduced in 1998 and discontinued in 2003.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks to all who responded, I will call the owner this week and talk price !
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Gogo you are right you know much more about archery than I do, but the guy said he was not going to use the rest... therefore no value...Tru glow... I can send you one I picked up still in packaging that I paid $6.99 for...like I said before clearence items are great... stabalizer... still way too unclear as to what the heck it is to decide... the value is really up to him because he is the one who is paying for it. But to say the one on the Auction side...235 nothing for the rest since he is replaceng it...then Possibly another 30-????? in additions... I STILL think he needs to negotiate a price. He does not need to pay what the additions were worth new... they are not new..

I got an Eotech sight at a pawn shop... sure didnt pay what it was worth new either...All the bows I had which were stolen came from Pawn shops. I BAR NONE paid less than what I saw on here or on AT for them.

So no I wont go toe for toe on archery knowledge with you, but have no problem going toe for toe on what they sell for used... that is all I have looked at for the last year is pawn shop after pawn shop for bows.

smilie_schuetze.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=179246&highlight=MQ1

Here is another for you to consider. $150 gets it for ya.

smilie_schuetze.gif
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Wow an arguement and I'm not involved[:0] this sucks.[:(] Remember this a good deal is a good deal till ya find a better one. Buying used is tricky business it really depends on how prestine the condition of the bow is at that point.It may need cables and string may be all scratched dents in cams ect. Or may be like show -room I think thats how you can determain the true worth. Ok finish killing each other. Gog you may Know more about archery but heck your an engineer. Shes just a georgious Blond from Georgia. [:D][;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks GaGirl, I looked at AT and lurked around some of the forums. I need a 29-30 draw. Figure the price to ship it to me and then have a local shop change cams and any thing else it needs would probably be better off with the local bow. Called and left message with local bow owner but he hasn't got back to me yet.
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    I Honestly don't know why you just dont save up for two seasons and buy a brand new mathews and be done with all that crap. Trust me you will be much happier[:)] $10.00 a week for 2 years $1,040.00 more than enough to buy any bow you want.[:0] and don't start with that I'm not rich crap either.[B)] Lets get our priorities stright Bow hunting comes first aside from family.[:D][:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy
    [B)] Lets get our priorities straight Bow hunting comes first aside from family.[:D][:D][:D][:D]

Damn I actually agree with buckey, what's the world coming to[?][:D]

Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!!