In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

posting pictures

FANNINFANNIN Member Posts: 177 ✭✭✭
I am having trouble attaching a pic to my post. When I go to copy the pic, it lets me, but when I go to paste it in the messege box, the paste option isn't available.....any ideas?

Comments

• gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    You have to post the link for it either as a picture link or a hyperlink.

You have to hit the hyperlink button or the picture button and then insert what you ahve copied between the brackets.

its all about pucks and bucks
    smilie_schuetze.gif
  • FANNINFANNIN Member Posts: 177 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have tried this and it still won't let me paste... the pics are coming off my computer, not another web site, so there isn't an address or link to mess with.
  • Wild OkieWild Okie Member Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • FANNINFANNIN Member Posts: 177 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks, Wild....

will have it up in just a bit
  • gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    Yup Yup good idea.... and exactly how many of us are on Yahoo anyway?

smilie_schuetze.gif
  • Wild OkieWild Okie Member Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have the yahoo IM and the pics board.I am a mam user on slow slow dial up.[:o)]quote:Originally posted by gagirl
    Yup Yup good idea.... and exactly how many of us are on Yahoo anyway?

smilie_schuetze.gif

MLMorgan
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    FANNIN,
    You can NOT post a pic here direct from your computer. You need to have it hosted on a pic hosting web site. If you want it to show up here, Yahoo only works some of the time. http://Photobucket.com is what most people here are using. It's free and easy to get set up with.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • 65gto38965gto389 Member Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I use www.tinypic.com . You dont even need to sign up, just drag the pic to the address bar. If it works (on which I mean format is compatible) a second window will pop-up(some computers may need to hit "back" button). Copy the link and go back to the page where you first draged the pic onto, paste the entire address bar of the new window that came up, then click "host it". It will take a few seconds but when the next page comes up, copy the line that says IMG or image. Then you paste it onto the GB meaasge board. Then when you click on post new reply it will show up to everyone. You can even click preview, and see if it works.

On a side note if you have ever replied with quote on someone post you may have notices that the pic they used contains the tinypic or photobucket url. That means that they use one of those links and know it works. Hope this info has been helpful.

" Those who give up a little freedom for temporary security, deserve neither freedom nor security "
    - Benjamin Franklin