In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Small problem with new bow.

Wild OkieWild Okie Member Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
My new Alpine Denali has a ball bearing mounted fall away rest. It works great, but the stud at the bottom his hitting my knuckle on the thumb. After about fifty shots it really starts to hurt. I may have to get me a new bodoodle.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/wildokie1/album?.dir=43a1

MLMorgan

Comments

• Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Just buy a whisker biscuit and problem solved.
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Yep, I like the biscuit too.

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • Options
    gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    http://www.newarchery.com/arrowrests/qt4.asp

Okie try that one.

Guys biscuits are for eating not for shooting.
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gogolen

Okie try that one.

[:D][:D]

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    That Quick tune 4000 looks like a good rest.I have a dealer hear in Claremore.Thanks a bunch.I agree. Dem biscuits are for eaten.not for shooten.I do have a friend that has one though and he says he likes it.quote:Originally posted by gogolen

Okie try that one.

MLMorgan
  • Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Nice bow Okie. How come you took pictures of them strange deer tracks though? Is that what they call the Oklahoma Spur Footed Whitetail?[:D]

Oh yeah, back to the rest. [:I] I'm all for a whisker biscuit, but that quick tune looks cool, I'd go for it instead.

Is that what you use gogolen?

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The turkeys hear are as big as the deer.I'm going to go to the Outdoors Man hear in Claremore check that rest out.[:o)]quote:Originally posted by Suspension
    Nice bow Okie. How come you took pictures of them strange deer tracks though? Is that what they call the Oklahoma Spur Footed Whitetail?[:D]

Oh yeah, back to the rest. [:I] I'm all for a whisker biscuit, but that quick tune looks cool, I'd go for it instead.

Is that what you use gogolen?

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent

MLMorgan
  • Options
    gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Susp,
    I use an MPSI drop away rest seen here
    http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=71775
    My father uses the NAP but his was designed specifically for the Mathews outback or and roller cable guide bow for that matter. I have always found NAP products to be of good quality. The reason I had bought the MPSI is I did so when the whole drop away thing was still kind of contreversial and the MPSI allows you to use it as a TM hunter by turning the adjustment screw until it clicks in. Before I bought that rest I had always used NAP stuff.
  • Options
    CORRENCORREN Member Posts: 466 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I use a trophy taker shaky hunter drop away and love it[:)]
  • Options
    shellyshelly Member Posts: 205 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The dropaways that are good are the schaffer, the trophy taker and the ripcord and nap. Number one is the Ripcord right now
    ..advantages are ability to be locked in the cradle position with out pulling the bow back if wanted..the arrow cradle is a tall u shape and holds
    the arrow great.it also has a piece that will cover the cradle so you can put the bow on your lap etc and the arrow wont fall out of the rest. We have tuned up alot of bows using various drop aways some are just not made very good , some get out of the way slower than others, some are just a piece...

shelly
  • Options
    edited November -1
    What do you know about the Quicktune 4000 Drop Away. I found the best thing to do with my drop away that came with my Alpine was to take it off and put my bodoodle on it. I'm considering just getting another bodoodle.It has been a great hunting rest for me.[:o)]
    http://www.shooter2.citymaker.com/page/page/1465729.htm
    MLMorgan
  • Options
    shellyshelly Member Posts: 205 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The quicktune has some advantages...the price and the ease of putting them on without serving them in to the string. But it is a little slower getting out of the way then some others. Nap always makes great stuff at fair prices .

shelly
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Got any good links on the nap products. I went to one site but it was difficult to navigate and I didn't get the info I wanted. My dealer also wanted me to think of putting a Hoyt drop rest on my Alpine. [xx(][:o)]That would almost be blasphemy.LOL It was only 59 bucks compared to 79 .He said it was a better rest than the Quick tune. My problem is the Hoyt emblem .I guess I could remove it.[:o)]

Thanks for your input on this matter .It is one thing I have to solve with this new bow. Iam going to write a post on my oppion of the

Alpine Denali Match Grade
    Fully integrated accessories designed into the riser for perfect interaction with the bow...
    At Alpine Archery, we believe in integration. The new Denali Match Grade is the true fruit of our labor. The Denali Match Grade has top quality accessories integrated into the main structure of the bow. The Denali's integration of a trouble free, ball bearing mounted fall away rest, an Alpine MR2 Six Shooter Stabilizer, and a custom built Montana Black Gold fiber optic sight, is sure to please even the most discriminating bowhunter. Go to the next level with the Denali Match Grade.

Mass weight: 4.6 pounds
    Axle to Axle: 34 inches
    Brace height 7 inches
    Draw weights: 60, 70 pounds

Draw lengths: Fast Trac Ball Bearing One Cam: 26" through 30"
    in 1/2 inch increments
    Limbs: Bi-Flex composite limb, film dipped finish in Realtree Hardwoods Green HD
    Cable Guard: Straight mounted carbon
    Sight Window: 8.25" single plane window
    Pocket: Inter-Loc Limb Mounting System
    Riser Colors: Realtree Hardwoods Green HD
    Grip: One piece wrap around rose wood
    Let-off: 80% standard, optional 65

MLMorgan