In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Splane me dis Lucy

Wild OkieWild Okie Member Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
My Alpine Denali is an arrow eater. The drop away rest that was on it was eating my fletching, so I pulled my trusty Ole Bodoodle off my other Alpine and put it on my new bow. It is doing the same thing. I took it into the archery shop and had them reset up the bow No help there. My wife is gonna kill me if I keep spending money on this new bow. I have bought new arrows for it too. They are Easton carbon Excel 400 8.1gpi what ever that means. Any Ideas out short of buying a new rest today.[:o)][V][?]

MLMorgan

Comments

• Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    feathers?[;)]

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!
  • Options
    gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What do you mean it is eating your fletchings? Is it all 3 or one in particular?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'm shooting cock feather down and the one on the left are the two taking all the punishment.It is curling and tearing the fletch.[?]quote:Originally posted by gogolenIt is curling and tearing.
    What do you mean it is eating your fletchings? Is it all 3 or one in particular?

MLMorgan
  • Options
    edited November -1
    How would that fix the problem.[:o)]quote:Originally posted by fishermanben
    feathers?[;)]

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!

MLMorgan
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    Feathers may be more forgiving. It won't fix the problem, but you may be able to keep shooting, instead of having to refletch every time. It's probably time to take the rest back to the shop you bought it at, with an ultimatum: Fix it, or take it back.

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Vanes will often leave a white residue where they have been contacting, do you see any of this if so where? The drop away that you had on there previously, was it only damaging the cock feather? What type of drop away was it?
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    TWO WORDS> WHISKER BISCUIT LEAVE IT ALONE GOGO>[B)][:D]
  • Options
    shellyshelly Member Posts: 205 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Try doing cock feather up...you probably will get a little more clearance..also try a right helical, It would be more helpful though to know which rest ?

shelly
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Problem solved Montana Tap door inertia drop away rest. It locks like a Tm Hunter and drops when fired. No strings or cables to mess with ,just another 80 bucks.[:o)][:D]I will put my bodoodle back on my old Alpine.It shoots fine on it.
    PS.Thanks guys for jumping in there so quick . [:o)]

I don't know how your gonna get it done but, I suspect you do.

MLMorgan
  • Options
    edited November -1
    My Bodoodle is a cock feather down rest.This new rest is cock feather up.I have a timber doodle on my sons bow.It is cock feather down and sideways.LOLThanks Shelly.quote:Originally posted by shelly
    Try doing cock feather up...you probably will get a little more clearance..also try a right helical, It would be more helpful though to know which rest ?

shelly

MLMorgan
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I may try one of those on another bow.The guys at the store really like them for hunting but not for target.This new bow I bought is for target in the hunter class.(fix pins)Thanks.[:I]quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy
    TWO WORDS> WHISKER BISCUIT LEAVE IT ALONE GOGO>[B)][:D]

MLMorgan
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hey okie,
    You are definitely going to want to invest in having your arrows reflectched to feathers. You will get a lot more mileage out of them especially in a target league.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yep.I was thinkink da same thang.[:o)][:D]quote:Originally posted by gogolen
    Hey okie,
    You are definitely going to want to invest in having your arrows reflectched to feathers. You will get a lot more mileage out of them especially in a target league.

MLMorgan