In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Comments

• Options
    headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    what are those?

"Were not here for a long time were here for a good time"
  • Options
    daweimerdaweimer Member Posts: 135 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well the big one is a redfish, 2 speckled trout a few sand trout and the ugly ones are sheephead, all goodeating fish[:p] and fun to catch!!![:)]
  • Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Nice selection. Sheephead are good eating? I always heard they were a trash fish that everyone threw back while fishing for walleye..?? At least around Lake Erie, wonder why?

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    edited November -1
    We eat them around here... well there aren't many things we don't eat around here![:p][:D] You can filet them and leave the skin and scales on them and throw them on the pit just like redfish[:p] They are good fried to!!!
  • Options
    gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    Really nice catch there. Sheephead, "bubba fish" as I call them cause of their teeth, are great eating... what did you catch them on?

its all about pucks and bucks
    smilie_schuetze.gif
  • Options
    65gto38965gto389 Member Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When you fry them up remember to use lemon pepper seasoning for execellent flavor.

" Those who give up a little freedom for temporary security, deserve neither freedom nor security "
    - Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Bubba fish[:0]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v738/daweimer/100_1491.jpg I always thought they had goat teeth but now that you say that they do have bubba teeth!![:D] I cought them on live shrimp on the bottom around some rock jetties. I was after the specs but I picked the day to go that had no tide movement[:(!]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by daweimer
    We eat them around here... well there aren't many things we don't eat around here![:p][:D] You can filet them and leave the skin and scales on them and throw them on the pit just like redfish[:p] They are good fried to!!!

Well then I'll have to try that next time I'm up there. I don't recall these fish having teeth like you showed though, maybe we got us two variations of sheep heads between GA and OH.

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Might be but I'm in Louisiana[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by daweimer
    Might be but I'm in Louisiana[;)]

Yeah I know, but I can't abreviate Louisiana. [:I][:D][;)]

• Options
    edited November -1
    Well I don't know how to abreviate? But you can ab?bre?vi?ate with La.[:0][B)][:D]
  • Options
    DIRTYRATDIRTYRAT Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Suspension!... I'm pretty sure Salt-water Sheephead are different than the "Tumer infested Shi-t Suckin Too bony to eat" kind that we have here in Lake Erie. They are actually "Fresh Water Drum"[xx(]...called Sheephead or Croakers...

Ruric, NE OHIO,
  • Options
    edited November -1
    daweimer, I do believe you are making fun of me. That was rather funny, in a matter of 5 minutes I screwed up the state your from and how to spell. Do I get a prize? [:D]

quote:Tumer infested Shi-t Suckin Too bony to eat DIRTYRAT, can you be a little more descriptive? Not sure I have the idea yet. [:D][;)]

Oh yeah, I'm not trying them now after dirtyrat described them from lake erie. [:D]

• Options
    gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    I have see some with some realy big teeth. We mostly catch them on Fiddlers on the bottom here.

Dirtyrat... sheephead and croakers are not the same fish.

its all about pucks and bucks
    smilie_schuetze.gif