In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Arrow nomenclature

JimmyJackJimmyJack Member Posts: 5,385 ✭✭✭✭
Can anyone tell me exactly what is the difference between an Easton 2117 and 2119 arrow? They shoot the same for me (accuracy wise) but the 2119 seems to penetrate about 1/2 inch deeper in the target. Can it be just weight? Is it spline?

Comments

• buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    I think the spine is about the same, and the weight is so close your not seeing a difference. I believe the penetration with the 2219 is better because it is a bit heavier, I could be wrong.[:0] Just a guess . Gogolen will be able to answer this he knows more than I do. MR. Engineer ya know[;)][:D][:D]
  • shellyshelly Member Posts: 205 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    the difference is the weight and the spine. It is hearvier and the walls of the arrow are thicker..

shelly
  • gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The four digit arrow numbering works like this the first 2 numbers are arrow diameter in 64ths, and the last 2 digits are the arrow wall thickness in thousandths. So a 2119 arrow is going to be stiffer than a 2117 due to same diameter and thicker wall tube. Anything else just ask[:)]
    edited November -1
    Hey GOGO Shelly actually said the same thing as you . using less words.[B)][B)][B)][:0][:D] Boy was I way off I just cut em and shoot'em Just razzin ya gogo.[;)] good job shelly.[;)]
    edited November -1
    Geeze buckey you're punchy today. Of course you just cut 'em and shoot 'em you use carbons dummy.[B)][B)][:D]
    edited November -1
    Yea but I do weigh each hunting arrow and sand Them to the same weight in grains. Does that count[?] Im bored have waiting for coporate funds to start several projects. Just pushing paper right now.[:(]
    edited November -1
    Sorry you're bored I am pretty * about arrow weight as well all of mine are within a half grain of one another.
    edited November -1
    Alot of guys mark them 1,2,3,4 or a,b,c,d Instead of finding out why one shoots better than the other. I have found many that were off enough to effect flight . Probley one of the most over-looked, easily solved problems. Same weight head same weight arrow same fletching and Nock they should all fly real close.[:)][;)]Time to get out of this damn office talk to ya tomorrow.