In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

4 months*EDIT* 3m- 2week-1day

bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
Til we can start shooting stuff in Illlinois. Dove season will open in Sept. giving me hope and a way to pass time til Oct. 1 when archery deer opens. I have sent in an application for another hot spot about 40-45 minutes from me, between that and seeing deer yesterday, I am way to excited this early in the year.
How is everyone else holding up?
And yes I am a little bored and looking to get some action started here. he he, I said action.

***EDIT***
3 months 2 weeks and 1 day til deer opens!!!!!!!

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.

Comments

• Options
    shellyshelly Member Posts: 205 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Cant wait either , this time of year is boring...After the rush of fishing and baseball season its just twiddle your fingers till archery season...In the off time I work on the web , do refletching, general bow maintenace ETC and the never ever end of paperwork.......The only thing else is riding fourwheelers ..love it when its muddy. and shooting in the yard

shelly
  • Options
    DIRTYRATDIRTYRAT Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No Groundhogs or Carp round there to shoot???????

Ruric, NE OHIO,
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by DIRTYRAT
    No Groundhogs or Carp round there to shoot???????

Ruric, NE OHIO,

I rarely see groundhogs and I do not have a set up for bow fishin' yet. Although I am thinkin I should get one, bow fishin' looks like a good time.

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    If you decide to get a bowfishing rid try the Pse kingfisher it has laminated fiberglass limbs to withstand more abuse...and of course go with the ams bow retriever

shelly
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shelly
    If you decide to get a bowfishing rid try the Pse kingfisher it has laminated fiberglass limbs to withstand more abuse...and of course go with the ams bow retriever

shelly

Do you have a web site I can check one out at? I didn't see on on the PSE site.

• Options
    edited November -1
    yes, www.winchestersports.com plus also I sell them on ebay for 119.00 the retreivers run about 59 then ofcouse you need your arrows and some no gloves and use a muzzy tri-loop rest and for safety sake use the cable slides

shelly
  • Options
    ZUKEBABYZUKEBABY Member Posts: 450 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Squirrel season opens Aug. 1st I believe. At least another month sooner!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Too bad I love to watch little squirrels ..not down the barrel either.

shelly
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ZUKEBABY
    Squirrel season opens Aug. 1st I believe. At least another month sooner!

I forgot all about the little tree rats. Although last year I went to try to thin them out around the area of one of my stands, never saw 1. They must know when to go and hide. Stinkin' rats! Maybe I should take my bow and sit in my stand maybe they will come out then.[:D]

• Options
    CORRENCORREN Member Posts: 466 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    but winter is the best time to hunt pigs[:)]I just cant get get one with a bow [:(]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    why not? people do it here..got a small one in the spring about 250 pounds

shelly
  • Options
    gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by CORREN
    but winter is the best time to hunt pigs[:)]I just cant get get one with a bow [:(]

We hunt them year around down here.... 365 season on Hogs here

its all about pucks and bucks
    smilie_schuetze.gif
  • Options
    headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    4 months 1 day till bow season opens

"Were not here for a long time were here for a good time"
  • Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    I haven't really thought about it much. Been seeing a lot of deer around the river and ponds when I'm walking the dog. They sure seem awful thin(weight wise) this year.
    the crops around here aren't doing to good so far, we had a late planting season and most of the fields were flooded out. Hope they pick up and start fattening up my freezer meat for this winter. [:D]

someone mentioned tree rats, I saw a flying squirrel a couple weeks ago along the river bank. Dog chased it a little then it got to a branch and swoosh, glided through the air to another tree. It was very small, probably this years baby. Every see any of them before?

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Never seen a flying one Susp, but a whole lotta white ones in a town in S. Illinois.

Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!!
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    I try not to think about when the season is going to start seems to make it a longer wait.I get real impaintent around mid august.[:)]