In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Whats up with new members?

buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
I see a lot of new members make a few post and then they are gone . whats up with that[?] are we that offensive.[:0] I've even seen questions asked, we respond and they never even read the answer or say thanks.[:(!] not trying to sound prudsish but just my thoughts if your not gonna do somthing go all way or don't bother. anyone have any thoughts about this. "OH" and leave out "Buckey you scare everbody away"[?][?][?][?]

Comments

• FANNINFANNIN Member Posts: 177 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ya know Buckey....most of the new members join the forum to find an answer to their question, and when they find that answer, they are done. Not saying that this is the right approach, but not everyone is a forum junky and knows the ropes of the forum junkies, (funkies)
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    I think they are intimidated by my sports team.

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!
    edited November -1
    Ben,
    I wasn't going to go there....but since you said it.

GO CARDS!!!!!!
    edited November -1
    I make a motion to have fannin banned.[;)]

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Maybe we are just a scarey bunch [^].
    Buckey did you get my email??

bang
    3 months 8 days til deer opens

If huntin' is a sport, then your lookin at an athlete- T-shirt

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Maybe they see all the gay comments and run like h#ll[:D] Ben, I second the motion to have Fannin ban[8D][;)]

Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!!
  • 47studebaker47studebaker Member Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm still here, I just "lurk" here a couple of times a day !
  • Wild OkieWild Okie Member Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm not skeeeerd of ya all. You seem like a normal bunch to me but then my wife says I'm weird so what is normal.[:o)]

MLMorgan
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by FANNIN
    Ben,
    I wasn't going to go there....but since you said it.

GO CARDS!!!!!!

I am a reds fan [V]
  • bigal125bigal125 Member Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No, don't ban Fannin, he's the one who recognized the only worthy professional baseball team in Illinois! {Maybe it's because they're not IN Illinois, they're just across the (itty-bitty) river in Missouri.} There sure aren't any worthy baseball teams in Cook County!

Instead, let's ban those professional Wrigleys gum-chewers and maybe those Sox, too!

A wise man once said, "GO CARDS!!!!!!"

That's a big 10-4, good buddy!

Big Al (the St. Louis Cardinals fan...)
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Ok, is your name "big al" or "bi gal"? just funnin' [:D][;)]

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    Maybe we are just a scarey bunch [^].
    Buckey did you get my email?? no Bang I did not get your e-mail
    prusso@cclcustom.com[;)]

bang
    3 months 8 days til deer opens

edited November -1
    Sorry Fannin Not looking too good for ya. Hope ya thick skin if ya stick around.[B)][B)][:D][:D]
    edited November -1
    Oh, Buckey....Don't worry about me. I can dish and receive. That's what it's all about. See, Being a Cards fan, you know what winning and losing is all about....But being a Cubs fan is a little more one sided. [:)]

Big Al, Nice to see another intelligent member in the forum.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by taco413
    Maybe they see all the gay comments and run like h#ll[:D] Ben, I second the motion to have Fannin ban[8D][;)]

All those in favor, say "Aye".

Opposed, "Nay".

AYE!!!

[:D][;)]

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!
    edited November -1
    AYE !!![;)][}:)][:D][:D]
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    you can't vote. You silly little man[B)][:D]
    edited November -1
    NAY

quote: Ok, is your name "big al" or "bi gal"?

Bang, I sign my name after every post with a little comment in parentheses, in the same manner as, and with Juju's permission. If you really wanta know, just read the signature.

And I know you're "just funnin"....that's all part of the fun. Just like pokin' fun at those perennial losers, the Cubbies! [:D][;)]

Actually, guys & gals, I was LMAO at the ummm.... shall we say, "consistency" of this post on the Archery board. Here's a question from Buckeyboy asking why new members leave so quickly, that has been hijacked into a vote to ban a new member! Hang in there, Fannin!

With your vote, Buckeyboy, I believe you answered your own question!!![:0][;)][:)][:)]

Big Al (who's enjoying the back-and-forth from members who haven't gotten out of Mattoon and Central IL yet. There's still hope for you guys, though!)
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bigal125

Big Al (who's enjoying the back-and-forth from members who haven't gotten out of Mattoon and Central IL yet. There's still hope for you guys, though!)

Well, it's about 80 degrees and overcast with a nice breeze here in Mattoon. How's the weather down their in Cub's Spring Training Country?[;)][:D][8D]

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!
    edited November -1
    OOPS, lost another one.[:0] sorry fellas. NOT . I actually try to see how persistant new members will be when challanged.[;)] lets us know if they have any[8][8]"S[:0] The only reason I like this forum is because of the regulars . I have visited other forums and they are on a power trip. They are so *. nit pickey little friends. all the regulars here are cool. even if its not about archery.
    edited November -1
    Okay FANNIN, I'll reverse my vote, and give you $10 if you just admit that the Cardinals are Neo-Commie Pinkos.

Ben[:p]

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!
    edited November -1
    quote:Well, it's about 80 degrees and overcast with a nice breeze here in Mattoon. How's the weather down their in Cub's Spring Training Country?

Well, it's hot (104 degrees) with a slight breeze and less than 10% humidity. But that's in Tucson, Ben. The Cubs train (if you call it that) up in Mesa, AZ at Hohokam Stadium, I believe. That's where we send all the "hokum" teams, Mesa and Tempe, Arizona. Yeah. [;)][:D]

quote: OOPS, lost another one. sorry fellas. NOT

You cain't count, Buckey? Two "Ayes" and two "Nays"...that's a tie, not a win. You sure you're not following Chicago Cubs score-keeping tradition?

I guess it's true what you said, Buckey....

quote:"Buckey you scare everbody away"

Big Al (who knows the humidity back there is WAY higher than 10% and is very glad he's out here!) [:D][:D]
    edited November -1
    Sorry folks.....today was my golf day. Damn it was hot. About 95, but don't worry everyone, it didn't mess up my game....still as bad as ever.
    Buckey, I'll have to admit, I'll never be a regular here...I just look in and see if something is worth commenting about when I'm bored (Guess you can figure out if I'm bored or not). I do like the irony of you post in this topic though.
    Ben....Ben, Ben, Ben...you can keep you $10. I bet a guy $100 last year that the Cards would have a better reg. season record than the Cubs...Needless to say, he wouldn't bet me again this year. [:)]
    Nuff said.
    edited November -1
    See I was right you belong on one of those * forums . What might have no intest to you. may have great intrest to other members. keep an open mind we are just kidding. NUFF SAID[;)] Do you hunt? or just target shoot.[?] OH yea sorry if we bore you you with our trival nonsense. MATHEWS[/b[;)]
    edited November -1
    NO big head at least not on my shoulders[:D] just my opinion. ELDER just watch the little stars next to your name and they will let you know when your a member.[8D]I take my hunting seriously and my archery. but half the fun of it for me is the ball busting and comrodary when it's not fun and like a job I QUIT.[:0] This was my main beef someone comes on a forum to ask a question. I take the time to research and answerit trying to make them feel welcome. they never even reply. So that leaves me to believe they are most likly some smart * from another forum who is using my answer to post somewhere else.[xx(]
    edited November -1
    Man....you guys get offended too easily. I guess my dry sense of humor doesn't show up very well in a post. I am NOT one of the * forum guys, by the way. I am you're typical "new guy" to forums though. And Buckey yes I do hunt. I have only been at it for about 3 years though. I was raised a city boy, who's dad didn't hunt. My father-in-law is an avid hunter and now I am in the learning process. I just got into bow hunting. My first kill with a bow was a 25# Gobbler with 5 beards and 1-1/8" spurs. I am planning to go Elk hunting this fall in Co. Anyone Else from MO, by the way?
    edited November -1
    OH that's much better now I like ya.Congrats on getting into bow hunting and welcome to our house of ill repute.[:0][}:)]you had me scared there for a while. No offence taken I'm from the NE thick skined.[:D][:D][;)]