In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

arrow recomendations

headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
I need a new dozen arrows I have worn the black off of my 5 practice arrows and I think they are probable unsafe to shoot. so whats everyone shooting

"Were not here for a long time were here for a good time"

Comments

• gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Depends on what I am doing target or hunting, target I use gold tip xt-22's and hunting I use gold tip 5575's
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    I shoot the PSE Carbon Force Dominator. Like them quite a bit. I just bought some new ones and had florecent orange wraps put on with (2) florecent green fletchs and (1) white. with the black shaft I think it looks pretty neat and should stand out once she blows through and sticks in the ground. Let us know what you decide on there are a lot of good choices out there.

did you have any games this last weekend?

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    Bang ya I had a few games 8 actually spread out from fiday night to sunday night. but the quote of the weekend from a coach "that was the best called game i have had all year long thank you." I was in utter shock for a few minutes after that one very rarly do we get comments like that

• bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Congrats on the compliment, if you weren't so far away I'd buy you a Corona [:D].

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    Ohh thanks for the offer but my partner said he has me thursday night at our meeting.

• FANNINFANNIN Member Posts: 177 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Head....
    I shoot Black Hawk Vapor 4000 Carbon arrows. I shoot them really well. But, I recently took off the flecthings that came on it and replaced them with the Extreme Shrink to fit Fletchings and I am hitting 6" groups at 60 yards!
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Welcome Fannin, I was telling another forum member that I actually thought of attatching fletching to heat shrink about 5 years ago and never followed through. How do you like them? I know they are not too cheap pretty pricy like 14.00 for 6 ?
    edited November -1
    Yes, they are a little on the high end side, but considering the cost of getting arrows fletched and having to take the time to go somewhere and get it done, it's worth it. It will make it nice if you need to refletch in the feild too.
    I do like them a lot though. They are giving me tighter groups then any other fletchings I've had, including the quickspins. Plus they are really easy to put on, and I heard that you can twist them a bit and get a helical out of them.
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Hey cool. thanks for the quick reply.[:)] Can you believe I actually thought of tht about 5 years ago and never botherd persueing it.[B)] what a dope I was.[:0] Oh well can't change the past.[;)]
    edited November -1
    Yeah, I read about that earlier in the forum, that's what gave me the idea to see how they preform. I have many inventions that I am kicking myself over too. Sucks, but it seem we all have something like that happen. Oh well.
  • shellyshelly Member Posts: 205 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    just buy a jo jan or a nice bitzenburg and fletch what ever you want ...the bitzenburgs are the best but expensive ..the jo jan is about 80.00 and you can fletch 6 arrows at a time

shelly