In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

The Montana trap door rest

Wild OkieWild Okie Member Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
The Montana trap door rest. This rest is starting to work for me. I have it set so light when you pluck the string with your finger it falls down. Yet it holds in the draw and has not failed to yet. Last night I was holding tight groups up to forty yards and bangen my arrows at twenty and twenty five yards. I'm not where I want to be yet ,but I'm getting closer. There is an ASA qualifier At turnpike archery this weekend. I really don't care about the competition any more but it is good practice. Has anyone heard of THE archery? (True hunter ethics). You have to put an arrow in the kill zone for points .No points for foam. That's my goal now is to get to that level on the 3D range .Also I have an Ultra knock on my bow right now. I'm going to go back to the D-loop. I do like the Ultra knock for hunting though.[:o)]

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/wildokie1/detail?.dir=/1823&.dnm=95ac.jpg&.src=ph

MLMorgan

Comments

• LmbhngrLmbhngr Member Posts: 271 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yeah OK...

...I really like my Mach IV though, when drawing an arrow across it it's not as quiet as I'd like. It's most noticeable when hunting and it's very still & quiet outside. I haven't really looked for a fix or contacted the MFG. I don't really want to put any moleskin or shrink tubing on the fork.

Have you noticed the same thing? I shoot a very light carbon shaft and it almost has a dull metallic sound when drawn.

Lmbhngr
  • Wild OkieWild Okie Member Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The trap door has a plastic of some kind that the arrow sits on. It make no noise. There is a small amount of noise coming from the mechanism. It has inside a brass weight on a spring and a lock. When I shoot it does have a slight spring sound. I think I am going to need to go to feathers for the best result with this rest. We also have a archery dealer in Tulsa that is suppose to be the best there is in custom cables an strings. I'm going to look into that also. I think also I may want to go back to a d-loop instead of my Ultra-Knok. It may take me a more work than I thought to make this Alpine work the way I want it to. I am not as happy with this bow as I had hoped to be, but with a little work I think I can make it a great bow. Then it is up to my old eyes to hit the target from there.[:o)]

MLMorgan
  • shellyshelly Member Posts: 205 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    maybe youd be happier with a different rest than the trap door.Try the ripcord or the trophy taker

shelly
  • FANNINFANNIN Member Posts: 177 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have the rip cord installed on mine and I love it. Very easy to use and very consistant