In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Archery Pro Wanted

IndyhunterIndyhunter Member Posts: 43 ✭✭
I am an administrator on another site called "Midwest Hunters" Our site is brand new and is meant to serve mostly the midwestern states, but we are open to all who love the sport!

I need 1 or 2 Archery Pros to help people with technicle questions, for details please visit:
http://midwesthunters.cjb.net

Thanks!

http://midwesthunters.cjb.net

Comments

• Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    you got[8][8]'s dude.[:(!] have them regester here and we will be happy to answer questions just my opinion.[;)][:o)]
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    Well, I don't come cheap.

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!
  • Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishermanben
    Well, I don't come cheap.

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!

But he can be had[:D][:D][:D][;)]

Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!!
  • Options
    shellyshelly Member Posts: 205 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I will help if needed

shelly
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I would like to say I'm sorry if I offended anyone with my previous post, [:o)]I would love to answer questions' Not that I am an expert. but I know enough to set up my own bow and what not . It just seemeed to me that we should do it on this forum instead of another. Just my opinion. Gogolen is more than capable of answering anyones technical questions on this forum and has always been helpful. I Just hate to see members loose inrest here. But everyone is intitled to do what want .Shelly you sound pretty knowledgable but also your in sales which makes your opinion biased, not that its not valuable. there is a lot of good products out there and others that just do not perform as advertised but they sell because of endorsements and sponsers. Just trying to keep it real.[:I]
  • Options
    gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Buckey,
    Thanks for the kind words bud. The funny part is if you remember we didn't start off on the right foot to say the least. I'm glad that we have everything squared away now.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yea I remember the Block target. [:0] You seem to be the most knowledgable about equipment and measurements and so on. I was just a little put off by INDY comming to this forum and asking our members to answer questions on the other forum. this dosen't seem right to me am I way off on this. [?] not trying to be difficult and willing to help all but here not there.[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Nah your not way off on anything, your just protecting your own is all. The way I look at it though is if there is a person or a group of people that could benefit from others knowledge in any area they should be able to do it. That is what forums are about anyway right the free and open exchange of thoughts comments and ideas. I feel as though we have a pretty tight knit group of regulars here and I sincerely doubt that even if they/we were to frequent other places that we would lose anyone. So in short I don't think there is anything to worry about [;)]
  • Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I find myself agreeing with Buckey and Gogo again, will the torture never end.[:D] At least Indy was a little nicer than some who have came in the past and just tried pushing stuff on us. Now if this love fest keeps up between you two we're gonna have to stir the pot a little[}:)][:D]

Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!!
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Group Hug![:X][:I][:D][;)]

If huntin' is a sport, then your lookin at an athlete- T-shirt

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    SUPERGAY!!![:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    OH SSSSTOP YOU SAVAGES[:X][:X]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I am into sales because we own our own store but that just means we get to try everything...We do tune up other bows with stuff we didnt even suggest ( or for that matter some not even bought from us). I will say I only recommend what I like , if we try it and dont like it for one reason or another we really dont try to sell it and usually discontinue it. I only offer my opinion its up to you what yall do with it.

shelly
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Shelly you sound pretty knowledgable but also your in sales which makes your opinion biased, not that its not valuable. there is a lot of good products out there and others that just do not perform as advertised but they sell because of endorsements and sponsers. Just trying to keep it real.

quote:
    dear ...do you work on all brands of bows, make strings and busscables, rig out various brands of bows from new ones to old ones with what ever anybody wants on them and then have to tune them up or fix them ? we do ...

shelly
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shelly
    quote:Shelly you sound pretty knowledgable but also your in sales which makes your opinion biased, not that its not valuable. there is a lot of good products out there and others that just do not perform as advertised but they sell because of endorsements and sponsers. Just trying to keep it real.

quote:
    dear ...do you work on all brands of bows, make strings and busscables, rig out various brands of bows from new ones to old ones with what ever anybody wants on them and then have to tune them up or fix them ? we do ... [:0] No I do not. However I have friends that do also my brother does it. like anything else after you do it a couple of times it's really pretty simple. I do change my own strings cables, center shot, nocking point. rest, ect. Its pretty Basic. a lot of times when a pro shop sets up a bow to sell to a client I have seen them make adjustments, that are off to compensate for the shooters inability to shoot properly so they sell the bow. Im not saying your shop does this but some do. I do know what percision means. we work on all kinds of aerosol equipment that needs to be set up within .0001 and better tolerances and machine parts to to make this possible. I'm sure if I wanted to I could make a cable, adjust a few allen screws and make some basic measurements. If you can read a scale you can set up a bow.[;)]

shelly
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I believe what was actually in question was whether or not my basis for comments was soley on sales. Since we do work on them everyday it is based on fact of how good something works or is made and the price that it is sold at. We do not suggest products we dont believe to be good quality products ... Im sure you know whatever tools you use to be better than some others. we do not compensate for anyones inability to shoot..they just need to practice . So like it says...lets keep it real. Dont mean to fuss at you ..but usually what someone does for a living they usually have working experience that others do not have

shelly
  • Options
    edited November -1
    No I agree.[:)] to each his own trade.[;)] don't mind me I get bored and like to play devils advocate.[}:)] Turbo nocks for example what do you think[?] I tried them through a whisker biscuit like their ad suggested and they were a joke.[:0] If you think about it they claim its spinning right when it leaves the string so whats gonna happen when it passes through the biscuit. SMACK because they are hard plastic. whats your take on this. I threw 20 away. Luminocs on the other hand work vey well. I love trying new products and have found many false claims. I'm happy to hear your shop only sells what you would use yourself. It's not the money that bothers me it's the miss-leading claims[V]
  • Options
    headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    bucky those illumnocks are the ones that lite up correct. do they actually work?

"Were not here for a long time were here for a good time"
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have thought about buying one of those but I thought they were kinda pricey but thinking about it now I guess I only need one.

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    No electronic tracking devices are allowed on your arrows in the State of Illinois. My understanding is that it includes illuminocks.

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    That sucks! They sell them up in town here. I guess your not supposed to feed deer either but they sell feed. Oh well I could spend the money on something more important anyway like beer.

• Options
    edited November -1
    I still don't understand the concept of them they do nothing for you except help find your arrow, and I don't know about you guys but I normally get pass throughs.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    lumenock is kinda neat you can see the flight of your arrow,it even shows up really good on video when you shoot an animal. alot of things are new and interesting at first because they are new... but the practical purpose is what it all boils down to. The turbo nock and the heat shrink vanes etc are just gimmicky but alot of people will try them just because they are new .Sometimes the manufacturers came out with great advancments some times just duds..Everyone feels the pressure to come out with something new each year whether good or not , its something new.

shelly
  • Options
    edited November -1
    yes, but sometimes even with a pass through an arrow can be hard to find. Finding an arrow is very important, as it tells the story of the shot.

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Gog I like luminocks because #1 you can see exactly where you hit
    #2 You can easily find your arrow if you shoot at last light.
    #3 By how the blood is on the arrow you may want to let the deer lie overnight.
    I have them and they work well and are pretty darn durable they are what the advertiser says.
    more for arrow retreval and seeing where you hit not for tracking. try one for even target at dusk it's the coolest thing you can clearly see your arrow they are really cool.