In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

bow for a first timer

fishnicfishnic Member Posts: 15 ✭✭
I have a friend who wants to get into bow deer hunting. My question is whets a good bow for the money, he said he wants to spend around 400 not including rest, sight and all that other stuff.

He does not care what brand it is, I like my Ben Pearson spoiler and I recommended that, but he wants other options.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just bought a Hoyt Ultramag today for just over 400 and I love the way it feels and how quiet it is.
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    I got my Mathews Q2 used in great shape for 325 or 350, don't remember exactly, loaded with everything but arrows.

If huntin' is a sport, then your lookin at an athlete- T-shirt

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • Options
    wildboarwildboar Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bowtech's Tomcat package is a nice setup for about 500. They also make the Diamond Rapture for 399. The Hoyt and Reflex lines also have a couple good options for under 500. We also were a Parker dealer for a while. They have several good bows in the same ballpark.

quote:Originally posted by fishnic
    I have a friend who wants to get into bow deer hunting. My question is whets a good bow for the money, he said he wants to spend around 400 not including rest, sight and all that other stuff.

He does not care what brand it is, I like my Ben Pearson spoiler and I recommended that, but he wants other options.

Thanks
  • Options
    fishnicfishnic Member Posts: 15 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    He seems to like my Ben Pearson spoiler, and he want to get the same one but he has never tryed anything else. But what's your opinion about Ben Pearson spoiler, don't worry your not going to hurt my feelings say what you really think, and how does it compare to the other bows in that price range.

thanks
  • Options
    Wild OkieWild Okie Member Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I own one I love it stays in tune.I've killed a bunch of deer with.It is just not new any more.Go out and shoot alot of bows until you fall in love with one.[:D][:o)]quote:Originally posted by fishnic

Thanks

MLMorgan
  • Options
    surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There is nutten wrong the the Spoiler [^] Like Okie I have killed alot of deer with mine. It's all shot placement away.
  • Options
    gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Tell him to go shopping there are a lot of options for 400. I would seriously look at a used Mathews but thats just me.
  • Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gogolen
    Tell him to go shopping there are a lot of options for 400. I would seriously look at a used Mathews but thats just me.

Somehow I knew you were gonna say that gogo[:D][:D]

Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!!