In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Browning Bow value? Yard sale find.

Rebel_JamesRebel_James Member Posts: 4,746
First, I know absolutely nothing about compound bows. I do know Browning is a name brand, and I 'found' this one at a yard sale today. The sticker with the pull poundage and model number is gone, but the serial number is: XS5A 1497

It has a two position Cobra sight on it also.

Can anyone give me an idea about the value of it? Thanks in advance.

Ebay1008.jpg

WW2Guns005.jpg

"The Greatest Battle Implement Ever Devised!"
-- Gen. George S. Patton
referring to the M1 Garand

Comments

• Options
    danski26danski26 Member Posts: 284 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not much unfortunatly. It is around 15 to 20 years old and browning is not that great of a name in archery. I guess someone that just wants to try archery for a couple months to see if they like it could spend $20.00 on it and shoot it.

You can get a much nicer "newer" used bow spending $100 to $200 bucks and have a bow you can hunt with for years. I'm selling a 6 year old hoyt to a guy for $125 so better bows are out there.

If your going to shoot that one you might want to take it to a pro shop and have it checked over first.

danski
  • Options
    headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    id pay 5 for it tops sorry

"Were not here for a long time were here for a good time"
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    it would make a good fishing bow.
  • Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    You could get more trading/upgrading at a bow shop. Selling it outright you'll be lucky to get $30.
    Go buy a new $900 bow, walk through their door way and you got a brand new $600 bow then. Sad, but true.

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    shellyshelly Member Posts: 205 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    if its your first bow go ahead and play with it..see if you like it then you can get a newer one later...biggest differences on the new ones are the letoff, speed, and weight..if you like the one you got you'll drop dead for a newer one

shelly