In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

pin question

headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
after as night of shooting I decided my pins are off. im shooting 2 inches low 2 inches to the right of where im aiming very frustrating. but i did hit the same holes time after time just not where im aiming. which way do I move the pins i would move them down and to the right correct?

"Were not here for a long time were here for a good time"

Comments

• Options
    FANNINFANNIN Member Posts: 177 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This is easy.....Follow the arrow.
    If the arrow is low and left, then move the pins lower and to the left.
    A wise man one told me to never make more than one adjustment at a time though. Good Advice.
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What if this is a spine issue rather then sight issue?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    no its the site i was dead on with the same aarows last year now im 2 inches low and 2 the right

• Options
    danski26danski26 Member Posts: 284 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Your site setting changing is a symptom of a problem. Could be something as simple as the natural bowstring stretch that happens over time. It could be a flaw or change in your shooting style. Make the choice to move the site or look for and fix the problem.

danski
  • Options
    shellyshelly Member Posts: 205 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    mabye your not anchoring in the same spot each time... try a kisser button or double check your position ( anchor spot ) before shooting every time try putting a knuckle behind your ear and feeling for that each time. Strings do stretch which will increase poundage ..buss cable stretch and reduce poundage most of the time though it does not effect your pins...

shelly
  • Options
    edited November -1
    shelly the anchor point is the same spot on my ear with the string touching my nose and lip. how many shots does it take to strecht the strings out.i just got my bow last summer and have shot it prolly 2500 times i wore 3 carbon arrows out in the process. I dont think it is my shooting thats to blames. I have 5 arrows and and 5 spots that i shoot. all 5 arrows are hitting low and to the right in the same spots.

• Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    strings will stretch in the first 100-200 shots. They will also stretch later when it is time for a new string. I don't know how many shots till a new string, but maybe it is time if you have 2500 through it.
  • Options
    danski26danski26 Member Posts: 284 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It depends on the string material as to how much and when the string stretches. B-50 dacron, fast flight, and about 10 other types of string material are out there. "shelly" is right. an increase in poundage is a tell tale of string stretch. if you have the means you can take it off the bow and measure it. You should mark your cams "two cam bow"to see if and when things go out of tune for the future.

danski
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Head b/4 you start taking strings off and what not. move that site about 3/16 down and 3/16 to the right this should solve the problem. don't get me wrong your string may have streched and after you get back on target. Remove one end of the string give ot about 8-10 twist and put it back on and re-sight.[:)]If the string is old you may want to change it. I personally move my site to compensate for string stretch I like the feel of the bow better after the string settles in.[B)] some guys keep changing them. I guess thats up to the shooter.