In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

81 days til deer

bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
Just my friendly count down to Illinois deer season.

This was the "getting closer" thread but I edited it.

If huntin' is a sport, then your lookin at an athlete- T-shirt

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.

Comments

• Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    It's going to have to cool off a little between now and then.

Ben[8D]

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Twas hotter than crap on Thurs. On my way to the southern part of the state the truck thermo read 99-100 from around your town down.
    I saw a lot of deer out down there too, in the middle of the day we would see a few but just before dark was prime time. There was one field that would have 20-25 deer in it every evening.
    Anyway cold or warm I can't wait to sit in a tree again. I have a bunch of stuff to get done before that day arrives. Hopefully I won't think about hunting while performing "hunny does".
    I can almost smell the deer dander, the sweet smell of fall in the woods, the birds softly chirping, the squirrels barking.....aaahhhh. [B)] Ok, Forget the squirrels.

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • Options
    shellyshelly Member Posts: 205 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    went down to the lease on sunday and filled up some feeders and greg checked his cameras..rode around a little ..it was hot. Shot the bow some on monday. I suggested that i just use a double bull pop up blind for this hunting season , that way Id be able just to curl up and sleep at night and wake up early to hunt..but someone wants me to hunt out of a climber this year...Just like he does. what do yall think?

shelly
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You can still sleep in the tree. I do it all the time. [:D]. You just have to wake up before daylight and absolutely no snoring[;)]. Make sure your harness is on.
    Truely I really do love being up in the tree you can see so much further and farther you will see more. Not just deer but other wildlife that you may be missing from the ground.
    Thats just my thoughts anyway.

• Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Bang you must have been that guy I saw last year sleeping in the tree when a big buck walked by. I yelled to ya but you just kept snoaring.[:0]
    Funny story A friend of mine and myself set up about 50 yards apart on two seperate runs to cover them both. I fell asleep and he was so pissed cause all he could do is hear me snoar ZZZZZZZZZZZ while he quietly sat in vain. OOPS[/b[:I] I kinda felt bad for ruining his hunt.[:o)] Bad but well rested[:D][:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I did wake myself up once snoring[:I], but I woke up early enough to not hurt my hunt any. But that particular stand is one that we built so you can really kick out and lay your head back. Now I have fell asleep and woke up after daylight in my climber no snoring that day, that I know of.
    We'll see what happens this season with the new summit viper.[:D]

• Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    I love to sleep. My Lord, I do love my sleep. I sleep more than any individual probably should. I can sleep anywhere. I can sleep on the bow of a bass boat, on a backless barstool, on the ground, on a picnic table, or just in a tree. If you like to sleep in the tree, get a tree lounge. I have one, but I had to stop using it, it is just too comfortable.

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!