In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

What brand do you shoot?

2»

Comments

• buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    I want gogolen on this guy.[}:)] I think I did hear somthing about my arrows now that ya meaionted it. hey buddy ya got somthing ta say about my arrows just because they shatter and go through your hand dosent make them bad.[;)][:0] a Mathews Basher holy sh!~t this is gonna get good. [:D][:D][}:)]
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    [:D]

If huntin' is a sport, then your lookin at an athlete- T-shirt

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
    edited November -1
    wait a minute here[?] you shot a deer, and what your buddy started to gut a live deer[?] or he was gonna do the humaine thing and finish him off with your knife. the deer kicked and he stabbed you in the face. Holy crap[:0] your a lucky dude. what a story Deer kills two hunters. A white tail deer after being wounded kicks one hunter killing him instantly. while falling the same hunter stabed his hunting buddy to death.[:0] Did this happen in Indiana[?] cause Im not gonna tangle with those deer their crazy[:p] See if ya shot him with a Mathews you wouda dropped him dead and never got the stitches.[:D][:D][;)] [:D][:D][;)]Just razzin ya bud welcome to the forum and sshhhhhhhhh don't let Gogolen hear ya bad mouthing Mathews.
  • Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The rest of the story. It was late firearms season in southern Indiana. I was using a 12 pump and scored 5 hits out of 5 shots on a run after the first shot. Bad thing was that none were in the vitals. We had tracked it for some time and jumped it once, waited for about an hour and started tracking again. The next time we came up on it, my buddy moved it to finish things and the deer charged him and he fell backwards into me giving me about a three inch cut on my left cheek to the bone. (It was even my knife, his light was brighter so he was always ahead of me on the blood trail. He didn't have a knife with him so I gave him mine to end it since he would get to it first. I know, first of several mistakes that night. Young and stupid) After a trip to the hospital to get stitched up, my buddy and Dad went out and found the deer about 100 yards from where I was cut. (At that point I was bleeding worse than the deer) It was 130 pound doe and tasted darn good!!! And just for the record, I have learned MANY lessons from that night. But I still won't claim to be smart. Just smart enough not to shoot Matthews!![:D]

When in doubt, unload the clip, Semper Fi
    edited November -1
    Your killing me 5 shots with a 12 gauge deer still on the run.I'm telling ya slash one shot with a mathews.[:D][:D] heck of a story again you are a lucky man.[;)]
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    A good ol'Fashion * Wound can be fatal. I've seen it!!!

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!
    edited November -1
    Face cheek or * cheek[?] I thought he was talking out of his *-cheeks.[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    anim_rofl2.gif

If huntin' is a sport, then your lookin at an athlete- T-shirt

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • Islander1989Islander1989 Member Posts: 183 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good thing he isn't singing the praises of the BLOCK! That might really get it started!![:D]
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Islander1989
    Good thing he isn't singing the praises of the BLOCK! That might really get it started!![:D]

[:D]lol[:D]

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    hey now, I shoot a hoyt too. [}:)]
  • gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Bad thing was that none were in the vitals.
    Yup sounds like a typical hoyt shooter[B)]
  • DIRTYRATDIRTYRAT Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Welcome Slash!...Always good to hear from a fellow HOYT shooter!...Its like a "Chevy-Ford" thing...I just couldnt bring myself down to ever use a Maffews either![}:)][;)][:D][:D][B)][B)][:0][:o)][^]

Ruric, NE OHIO,
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    I got an old Browning I've been plinking forever. Couple months ago I got a Horton crossbow, like it pretty well. Just before I left on vacation I picked up a Golden Eagle at the pawn shop, couldn't resist the price, seems decent so far, gotta put a new string on it though. My brother emailed me yesterday about his buddy wanting to sell his Hoyt superslam, that's what I used to shoot before the old lady destroyed it so I am really wanting to see what he's got forsale.
    Out of all my investments I probably don't even have half the dollars a new Mathews goes for. [:D]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • RembrandtRembrandt Member Posts: 4,486 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Matthews Switchback....smooth, quiet, precision made.

Matthews1.jpg