In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Broadhead Deer Target

Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
I have been pricing different deer shaped targets to shoot broadheads at. I like the "Glendale Buck" but hate the $150 and up price. Are there any cheaper options out there that don't require a winch to pull the arrows out?

When in doubt, unload the clip, Semper Fi

Comments

• SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Get one of those bag targets from Dick's sporting goods. They have a mesh material in them, works great with broadheads, and pulling the arrows is cake.
    I believe they run like $70, not positive.

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have a buddy of mine that has a Glendale buck and he loves it. I just don't want to spend money on one since I can drive 5 mins and shoot at my club. It's not a deer target but the only thing I do is make sure my broadheads are flying right.

Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! anim_beer.gif
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    They are a little pricy. But nice if ya got extra cash. Boy that an oxy moron[B)] EXTRA CASH yea we all got a bunch of that hanging around.[:o)]
  • Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was hoping to get a full size deer target just to add a little more realizim to my practice. When was the last time we saw a deer running through the woods with a nice diamond or orange spot on his side? I just hate to pay that much for a target.

• SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Saw an orange spotted deer this morning on my way into work. [^]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    just hit um with an orange paint ball pre season problem solved [}:)]

"Were not here for a long time were here for a good time"
  • hornethornet Member Posts: 262 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It is not a deer target but it works great with broadheads. The block target that Wall Mart sells for around $30.00. It does have a name but I can't remember it. It has 4 sides, 2 for field points and 2 for broadheads. Very easy to remove a broadhead. I have been useing them for 3 years now. I am on my second one because I left the first one in the rain all the time. It is best to keep it out of the rain when not in use. My bow has a draw weight od 78 pounds and this target will stop a broadhead from 0 to 40 tards everytime.

Hornet
  • Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:just hit um with an orange paint ball pre season problem solved

A few years ago, I was playing paintball and was waiting for the "bad guys" to sneak in on me. All of a sudden I heard movement behind me. I couldn't figure out how they were able to get there. When I turned around there was a small six pointer standing about 20 yards away. I almost put a "spot" on him (It was about 3 days before opening of bow season!) but decided not to.[:0] I almost mentioned it in my posting but decided against it.