In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Another How many?........

2»

Comments

• Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gagirl
    Damn straight!!! When someone talks crap about southerners I will defend myself in a heartbeat. I guess you expect me to roll over and take insults because I am a woman. Screw that. I will stand up and defend myself everytime. Maybe that's just another southern thing...

its all about pucks and bucks
    smilie_schuetze.gif

Damn, I got to get myself to Ga and meet you. My other half and you would get along fantastic. I sincerely love women who stand up for their beliefs, even if it means buttin heads with me.[:D]

Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! anim_beer.gif
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    I suggest you re- read your post. You refrenced the Northern folks Children as un diciplined. Thats the furthest from the truth as soon as a couple of people jump in your face you change your tact. I meant this he meant that.[xx(] Ive been around Sweetheart.[;)] Canada, The Carribean Islands Purto Rico, Bermuda All the States from RI to Florida. and RI to Canada North Dakota, Montana, Moussouri.Minnisota,Illinois I have been able to go to all those places with different cultures and somehow get along with everyone So maybe we agree to dissagree. I did get off a boat,,, but it wasan't yesterday, A yea thats the rule or the law but no-one follows it so I guess its ok. What Appathy[V]
  • Options
    gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gagirl if you rolled over for me insults would be last thing I would want you to take[;)]. I too have been many places within the U.S., and on a whole I have found that the majority of northerners take things with a grain of salt, especially when it comes to southerners refering to us as "Yankees", and thinking that your values and beliefs are so much greater than ours. If the slightest thing derogitory about the south is said the majority of southerners will fight back with an unrivaled tenacity, much like you are right now.
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    buckey why dont you take me to Montana with you sometime so I can kill one of them big brown deer [:D]. Did you do all that traveling to hunt????

If huntin' is a sport, then your lookin at an athlete- T-shirt

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    gagirl, you know I'm just giving you a hard time. My life long dream is to marry a li'l inbred southern girl that like's to hunt and fish.[;)][:)]

Ben(Who's great-grandparents had the same last name)[:D]

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yes I have been to all those places but not all to hunt[:)] I don't have that kinda money. Tell ya what If I sell my rental property I will pay for half Of North Dakota if ya wanta go next year. Yea only half....[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ok I'm finished. [B)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gogolen
    Gagirl if you rolled over for me insults would be last thing I would want you to take[;)]. I too have been many places within the U.S., and on a whole I have found that the majority of northerners take things with a grain of salt, especially when it comes to southerners refering to us as "Yankees", and thinking that your values and beliefs are so much greater than ours. If the slightest thing derogitory about the south is said the majority of southerners will fight back with an unrivaled tenacity, much like you are right now.
    Good point Gog. Im telling ya they are still mad they lost the war.[:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy
    Yes I have been to all those places but not all to hunt[:)] I don't have that kinda money. Tell ya what If I sell my rental property I will pay for half Of North Dakota if ya wanta go next year. Yea only half....[;)]

WOW buckey your to kind! I would love to say yes right now but I really need to consult with my finacial advisor(and her partner/daughters) to make sure that she won't kill me and hide the body, an * whoopin I can handle, but there are to many deer that need hunted for me to die yet. [:D]

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250

WOW buckey your to kind! I would love to say yes right now but I really need to consult with my finacial advisor(and her partner/daughters) to make sure that she won't kill me and hide the body, an * whoopin I can handle, but there are to many deer that need hunted for me to die yet. [:D] well it wouldent be till nxt year anyway and I can come your way next year and then we can Go to dakota in 07.[?]

• Options
    edited November -1
    I like the idea. That works out good, see I can start hinting to her now without actually saying it, you know kinda feel her out. Then as it gets closer if she hasn't given me the go I'll just have to take my nuts from her purse and tell her how its goin' to be.[:D]
    You ever do any pheasant huntin'?

• Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like the idea. That works out good, see I can start hinting to her now without actually saying it, you know kinda feel her out. Then as it gets closer if she hasn't given me the go I'll just have to take my nuts from her purse and tell her how its goin' to be.[:D]
    You ever do any pheasant huntin'?

Just do like I do, stand there and tell her HOW it's gonna be, What you are going to do, and WHEN you are going to do it. Then AFTER you pick yourself up off the floor from being smacked down, beg for forgiveness[:D]

Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! anim_beer.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You ever do any pheasant huntin'? I dident last time I was there but if I tag out early I,m going too phesant are everywhere in N dakota see plenty every day.[:p]

• Options
    edited November -1
    I have a sister in South Dakota and I keep tellin the wife I am going to go up there sometime and do some pheasant huntin' but after a few days of huntin them around home I generally give up on the idea. If I could find the charger for my digital cam I would take some pics of some birds I have livin around my house. They get so close up around my house I could get them with a bb gun through a window. I would like to get one with the bow this season but that will be way tough.

• Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rembrandt

There are so many ethical problems with that senario I don't know where to start...in Iowa that would be called poaching. We have more problems each year with non-resident hunters bringing southern style bubba hunting techniques to our state. Don't need anymore redneck hunting hunting habits & publicity tainting the hunting sports.

Every year the biggest busts made by the state DNR are Arkansas, Georgia, Louisianna, and Miss hunters. It's a culture I hope doesn't spread north.

What exactly about Georgia is unethical? The laws are the laws and if you follow them there is nothing un ethical about what we do. It is NOT a law that we have to check a deer in anywhere. I would also LOVE to see where you get your info on the biggest busts by the DNR being in the states you listed... I for one think southern culture needs to spread northward. Then maybe males would act like gentlemen and yankee kids would learn that they dont have a choice.. they WILL say yes sir and no sir.[B)] YA VO HITLER

smilie_schuetze.gif
  • Options
    RembrandtRembrandt Member Posts: 4,486 ✭✭
    edited November -1

There are so many ethical problems with that senario I don't know where to start...in Iowa that would be called poaching. We have more problems each year with non-resident hunters bringing southern style bubba hunting techniques to our state. Don't need anymore redneck hunting hunting habits & publicity tainting the hunting sports.

Every year the biggest busts made by the state DNR are Arkansas, Georgia, Louisianna, and Miss hunters. It's a culture I hope doesn't spread north.

What exactly about Georgia is unethical? The laws are the laws and if you follow them there is nothing un ethical about what we do. It is NOT a law that we have to check a deer in anywhere. I would also LOVE to see where you get your info on the biggest busts by the DNR being in the states you listed... I for one think southern culture needs to spread northward. Then maybe males would act like gentlemen and yankee kids would learn that they dont have a choice.. they WILL say yes sir and no sir.

smilie_schuetze.gif

Gagirl...I'm afraid your response indicates you don't understand the difference between what's legal and what's ethical. As a Hunter Education Instructor I've had the privilege to instruct thousands of young people concerning these differences. It is possible to be 100% within the law and morally wrong. Buying a tag to carry for hunting game is the law....deciding to use it only if you "get caught by the authorities" is clearly unethical.

My comments concerning Southern hunters is well founded. In my line of work I have business clients all over the country. In every case the overall southern mentallity is..."it's only illegal if you get caught". Granted not every southerner holds this view, but the vast majority do. I've traded hunts with many clients, they are always giving me a hard time about making them buy a license and proper tags. This is not one or two isolated incidences, but prevalant in the southern culture.

The largest illegal game busts by the Iowa DNR have been southern hunters who bring their "style" of hunting north. We had six that were caught shooting deer while chasing them on 4 wheelers with high power rifles. Another bunch were caught using radios and dogs to poach deer...cutting off only the racks and leaving the carcases to waste. DNR officers who were involved in these busts said the hunters told them that's the southern way of hunting and their only regret was getting caught. Another group bought doe tags and all took bucks. These same DNR officers inform me that my conclusions regarding southern hunters is the same as what they're seeing.

Do we have un-ehtical hunters here?, unfortunately yes....but the vast majority of hunters follow and obey the game laws.

I was involved in raising money some years ago for a law enforcement helocopter to bust water fowl hunters in Louisianna....what the Fed's caught on tape confirmed that this Bubba hunting mentality is handed down generation to generation. To these "hunters" skirting the law is a game they play similar to sneaking shine from the revenuers.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the south and have many good southern friends, unfortunately the southern hunting culture can't be ignored.
  • Options
    gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1

What exactly about Georgia is unethical? The laws are the laws and if you follow them there is nothing un ethical about what we do. It is NOT a law that we have to check a deer in anywhere. I would also LOVE to see where you get your info on the biggest busts by the DNR being in the states you listed... I for one think southern culture needs to spread northward. Then maybe males would act like gentlemen and yankee kids would learn that they dont have a choice.. they WILL say yes sir and no sir.

smilie_schuetze.gif

Gagirl...I'm afraid your response indicates you don't understand the difference between what's legal and what's ethical. As a Hunter Education Instructor I've had the privilege to instruct thousands of young people concerning these differences. It is possible to be 100% within the law and morally wrong. Buying a tag to carry for hunting game is the law....deciding to use it only if you "get caught by the authorities" is clearly unethical.

My comments concerning Southern hunters is well founded. In my line of work I have business clients all over the country. In every case the overall southern mentallity is..."it's only illegal if you get caught". Granted not every southerner holds this view, but the vast majority do. I've traded hunts with many clients, they are always giving me a hard time about making them buy a license and proper tags. This is not one or two isolated incidences, but prevalant in the southern culture.

The largest illegal game busts by the Iowa DNR have been southern hunters who bring their "style" of hunting north. We had six that were caught shooting deer while chasing them on 4 wheelers with high power rifles. Another bunch were caught using radios and dogs to poach deer...cutting off only the racks and leaving the carcases to waste. DNR officers who were involved in these busts said the hunters told them that's the southern way of hunting and their only regret was getting caught. Another group bought doe tags and all took bucks. These same DNR officers inform me that my conclusions regarding southern hunters is the same as what they're seeing.

Do we have un-ehtical hunters here?, unfortunately yes....but the vast majority of hunters follow and obey the game laws.

I was involved in raising money some years ago for a law enforcement helocopter to bust water fowl hunters in Louisianna....what the Fed's caught on tape confirmed that this Bubba hunting mentality is handed down generation to generation. To these "hunters" skirting the law is a game they play similar to sneaking shine from the revenuers.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the south and have many good southern friends, unfortunately the southern hunting culture can't be ignored.

I fully understand the difference between ethics and law. However what some think is ethical others see as unethical. I could not even begin to tell you the amount of northern hunters that come down here for hog and only take back the cutters. That is the same thing as southerners going up north for racks. Now if you go overseas and hunt... like Argentina for doves, or Germany for deer or hogs and you will hear that all Americans are immoral hunters. (And yes I have done both hunts.)

You can NOT tell me that southern hunters are ANY worse than northern hunters or mid west hunters. I see all kinds come in for hogs and duck in my area and see many many many of all types follow the law and break the law.

smilie_schuetze.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1

What exactly about Georgia is unethical? The laws are the laws and if you follow them there is nothing un ethical about what we do. It is NOT a law that we have to check a deer in anywhere. I would also LOVE to see where you get your info on the biggest busts by the DNR being in the states you listed... I for one think southern culture needs to spread northward. Then maybe males would act like gentlemen and yankee kids would learn that they dont have a choice.. they WILL say yes sir and no sir.[B)] YA VO HITLER

smilie_schuetze.gif

You can take you Hitler comments elsewhere. In case you forgot my mother is German and her mother and her were almost killed hideing a Jewish family in their root cellar. My grandfather died in 1943 because he was forced into an army that he was vehemently against.

smilie_schuetze.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Gagirl: You can NOT tell me that southern hunters are ANY worse than northern hunters or mid west hunters.

Yes, I'm sorry to say Southern hunters are worse, your own words starting this post prove you fail to see an ethical or legal problem with the senario.

Quote Gagirl: "I know here in Ga. That you are supposed to tag a deer before you move it... BUT.... NOONE tags a deer unless they take it to be mounted around here. So... you could actually shoot as many doe as you like and as many bucks as you like as long as you dont mount them in the same year........pretty much everyone hunts what they like and the limit still keeps going up..."

According to Georgia's DNR web site, hunters are allowed 12 deer (10 does and only two bucks). Hunters are required to keep a log/record of all deer taken. Your post states you can shoot as many doe and as many bucks as you like. That Gagirl is against the law.....

....according to your own words EVERYONE in Georgia does this, one has to conclude all Georgia hunters are lawbreaking Bubba's and Southern hunters are a disgrace to Hunting.....or, you don't know what your own states game laws are.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well Said Dave.[^]If you noticed in most of my post I also indicated there are good and bad everywhere. What the heck can an out of state hunter do with a poached deer ????? This also leads me to believe that most is local.[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Gagirl: You can NOT tell me that southern hunters are ANY worse than northern hunters or mid west hunters.

Yes, I'm sorry to say Southern hunters are worse, your own words starting this post prove you fail to see an ethical or legal problem with the senario.

Quote Gagirl: "I know here in Ga. That you are supposed to tag a deer before you move it... BUT.... NOONE tags a deer unless they take it to be mounted around here. So... you could actually shoot as many doe as you like and as many bucks as you like as long as you dont mount them in the same year........pretty much everyone hunts what they like and the limit still keeps going up..."

According to Georgia's DNR web site, hunters are allowed 12 deer (10 does and only two bucks). Hunters are required to keep a log/record of all deer taken. Your post states you can shoot as many doe and as many bucks as you like. That Gagirl is against the law.....

....according to your own words EVERYONE in Georgia does this, one has to conclude all Georgia hunters are lawbreaking Bubba's and Southern hunters are a disgrace to Hunting.....or, you don't know what your own states game laws are.

Rembrant... I know what the laws are here and I follow them. And you also misquoted me.... I said...."So... you could actually shoot as many doe as you like and as many bucks as you like " Meaning since we dont have check stations there is no real way of them knowing what is shot. (Which I dont think is a good idea for herd management.) and "pretty much everyone hunts what they like and the limit still keeps going up" Which does NOT mean they are breaking the law... it means we have a higher limit than most states which allows us more freedoms in what and how many we hunt. If you are going to quote me atleast quote what I ACTUALLY said.

smilie_schuetze.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Its your Quote that he coppied. WE ARE SUPPOSED TO TAG THE DEER BUT NO_ONE DOES IT.[:0] You will find a little glass jar inside your head. It contains an emergency brain cell I suggest you break the jar now and acess the cell. it's time.[:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Gagirl, I accept your explanation and appology for poaching...[:D]