In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

who uses binnoculars when hunting?

buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
Just wondering how many of you frequently use binnoculars when hunting. and what brand and how do you like them.[?]

Comments

• Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Nope not me. Not yet anyway.

If huntin' is a sport, then your lookin at an athlete- T-shirt

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • Options
    salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I do, constantly.
    I have a Sightron, 8x42 S111, roof prism binocular. Well worth the $225 I paid for it.
    I just snatched a Pentax 10x33 roof prism for half the price of Cabelas. While I prefer low power, large objective binos, I couldnt pass on the price.

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
    -Jimmy the cheese man
  • Options
    Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't here in Indiana. I have a pair but only use them on rare occasion. The only time I do is during gun season when the leaves are off. Otherwise just too much stuff in the way. But they have came in handy to judge a deer at a little distance, just not many chances for that for me.

When in doubt, unload the clip, Semper Fi
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Wow [:0]I use mine all the time. You would be surprised how Much you can spot at a distance when things get slow. Try spot and stalk some time it's not easy but what a Rush. I have Nikons right now Someone my brother knows is getting me a pair of SWARVOSKI not that I can afford them but the price was right.$400 brand new 10x42 cabells price 1,779.00 Iv'e looked through them at a hunting show in Maine Unbeliveably Crisp and clear. I'll be able to see the[8][8]on a mosquito[:D][:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Buckeye-If hes got another pair for sale, let me know[:)][:)][:)]

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
    -Jimmy the cheese man
  • Options
    mrbrucemrbruce Member Posts: 3,374
    edited November -1
    I never leave home without at least my 8X30 Steiners while hunting deer.
    If I remember them I also like to have my 12X42 Pentax along for the ride just in case I need to get (up close and personal)

Gun control is hitting what your aiming at.
  • Options
    gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    I am partial to Zeiss. They are always in my pack.

its all about pucks and bucks
    smilie_schuetze.gif
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I use mine all the time as most of the time I hunt at the edge of woods and such. I got a pair of cheap 8X32 bushnells, they work well for me. However, low light kind of sucks.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Zeiss is a pretty high end glass how much were they and what power are they.[?]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    10x42. And they are alot cheaper if you buy them in Germany. How much they actually cost... I dont know they were a gift from my Oma.

smilie_schuetze.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yea but they are fun too watch when none are close enough to shoot passed the time and ya see some neat stuff. also nothing wrong with scouting without walking all over the place.[;)][;)] Binnoculars dont leave scent and can see alooooong way.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy
    Yea but they are fun too watch when none are close enough to shoot passed the time and ya see some neat stuff. also nothing wrong with scouting without walking all over the place.[;)][;)] Binnoculars dont leave scent and can see alooooong way.

Too funny... I 100% agree with Buckey....You need them to see where you may need to be.

smilie_schuetze.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    See The argueing was imparing our thought process.I dont leave home without them I feel lost got so use to using them.[;)][:)]
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    hhhmmmm, maybe I'll have to give it a shot.

If huntin' is a sport, then your lookin at an athlete- T-shirt

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • Options
    FANNINFANNIN Member Posts: 177 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I use Nikkon Monarch 8x42. Great glass! I even use them for 3d shoots. Helps me know how bad I shot instantly![:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    AHHHHHHH I forgot about that. another use fishing well around here any way can spot a school of fish you normally could not see. get pretty dizzy looking through them on the boat with all the rocking.
  • Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    I never use them around here. I have a decent pair of Swavorski (sp?) that I found in a pawn shop about 8 years ago, then I have some Lcheapo pairs to.
    I rarely use binnoculars when I go to Colorado either, I mainly use my scope then or tote a small spotting scope if I plan to sit a lot and glass all day.

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ill bet you wouldent have a hard time unloading those Swarvoskis [;)].Wait I have a better idea SUSP is having a give away[:0] WHO's in[?][:D][:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You guys who do not use binoculars-you are missing a lot of game. I dont use them to look at game, I use them to find game-and I hunt in the thick stuff. I dont know how many times Ive seen the flic of a tail, a leg, an antler, an eye, because I was using binoculars.
    The last buck I shot, was bedded down, 75 yards away, and I picked out his antler-no way I would have seen him if I didnt have glass. I shot him about 2 hours after seeing him. I just waited, sat motionless. If I didnt know he was there, I know I would have spooked him.

-Jimmy the cheese man
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I hear ya Sazo once ya use them regularly. your hooked Ive seen deer tht I never would have seen without them.[;)]
  • Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by salzo
    You guys who do not use binoculars-you are missing a lot of game.

Two words: Bionic Eye!
    that's what I got, [^][;)]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I USE A M850 WEAVER LASER RANGE FINDER DOES THAT COUNT[?]IT'S X4 POWER
  • Options
    JimmyJackJimmyJack Member Posts: 5,399 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They are a must for Elk Hunting.
  • Options
    LmbhngrLmbhngr Member Posts: 271 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I use a pair of Nikon TR 8x42 with a Bino System strap from Crooked Horn Outfitters to keep them up snug against my chest. I use a pair of Nikon TR 10x25 compacts in my turkey vest and will use them bowhunting if I want to lighten up my load.

I hate to be in the woods without my binoculars and a watch.
  • Options
    ENOS29ENOS29 Member Posts: 699 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I use them quite a bit. I have some bushnells, low power but are fine (and the right size) for what I am watching.

BAG IT. TAG IT. EAT. SLEEP. REPEAT..
  • Options
    headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    i keeep telling my self to buy them but when the tome comes i have other things to buy i have a little pair of fold ups that sit all year in my pack

"Were not here for a long time were here for a good time"