In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Building Climbing Sticks

2»

Comments

• gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Different strokes for different folks I'll be sticking to my treestands for now.
  • surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey Slash....Just get your wife into bow hunting I did AND Man the STUFF YOU CAN GET THIS WAY[:D][:D] Go to a scrap yard and get the same size tube as the store sales make your own..and some rope
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Not sure if I am miss understanding this post or not so don't make fun of me, I didn't read every single reply. [:D]

Any, your looking for the steps/foot pegs that strap onto trees, correct? Why not just buy a drop of angle at a steel yard or from a fab shop? Buy some 3/16" - 5/16" thick 3"x3" or 4"x4" angle, a drop of 6' or 8' will probably only be $20-$30. Imagine how many 1" wide steps you can cut out of that (72-96). Then just buy straps at some surplus store or harbor freight.

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • StihlCuttinItStihlCuttinIt Member Posts: 83 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey guys...and girls/girl. Havent been on here for a long time because ive been to busy in ecconomec pursuits (working). But I want to tell about a way to get free steel for your hunting ladders. Check with your ATV dealer. The motorcyble shop had a bunch of metal skids out back and I asked for them. They were made up of all kinds of tubular steel and the owner was going to throw them away. I dont know if all motorcycle shops is dumb enough to give good steel away but I have bought bikes off this guy, so he didn't mind to give away a little scrap. These things are made to hold and protect motorcycles and ATVs. 4 x 8 retanglar and some of it already looks like a ladder. Im' going to work up some plans for stick ladders for a few good trees locations. That way, I can spend any extra money for ground blinds which i realy have more luck with anyway.

Joe