In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

What's up?

SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
Sure is a lot of new names floating around here. I've been busy lately so I haven't had much time to scan for the latest/greatest. Have I missed much?
The last two weeks the smalleys' been biting real good in the river down from my house so every minute of daylight after work has been well devoted to them. Kinda odd this time of year and the heat, but I'm not complaining. [:D]

I do have a bow question. Talked to a buddy of mine tonight, he's been getting into the sport a little more and more each year, he finally broke down and got a compound (not sure what he got though). Anyway, he says he bought it used and the guy told him the cams need fixed, they do not roll simultaneously (spelling?). Is this just blowing smoke or can this be an actual problem? I've never heard of it.

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent

Comments

• Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Glad to see yer among the living, as far as the bow goes just wait til gogo sees this and he'll give you the low down. I guess it's possible that they are not timed right, but I just basically shoot mine and if something feels wrong I take it to the shop.

"Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool"anim_naughty.gif
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    NO it's true 2 cam bow's can be out of timing the cams need to roll over and break at the same time if this is indeed the problem it can be fixed. nice to see ya back Susp[:)][;)]
  • Options
    gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good job Buckey, the cams are out of time this is caused by cable/string stretch, once he replaces these he should be all set although with the cost of strings he might be better off throwing that money towards something newer, but if he is dead set on using the bow he has more power to him.
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Susp., my long distance beer buddy! Nice to see ya on here again!

If huntin' is a sport, then your lookin at an athlete- T-shirt

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    hmmmm, I did not know this. Thanks guys! I'll let him know, probably cost him a six (x that) twelve pack. [:D]

I have been loaded down pretty bad at work, got some big trade shows coming up so most our customers are getting primed for them. I still haven't got anything setup to visit IL yet, but I'm working on it still. You can betcha beer buddy we'll do us some drinking when I'm in town. [:D]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    fishing stories are worthless without pics.[:D]

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishermanben
    fishing stories are worthless without pics.[:D]

Ben

I'm not one to brag. [^][;)]
    Nothing big just continuous hits and lotsa catching. Makes the time go faster and keeps me interested, short tension span here. [:D]