In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

This stinks!

furhollerfurholler Member Posts: 780 ✭✭✭✭
I went out to throw out some apples for the deer and came back so full of Chiggers and seed ticks, I look like I have chicken pox! I've gotten into them before, but this one is like I hit a whole nest! Makes for a miserable trip in the woods.

"Bad men cannot make good citizens. It is when a people forget God that tyrants forge their chains...No free government, or the blessings of liberty, can be preserved to any people but by a firm adherence to justice, moderation, temperance, frugality, and virtue: and by a frequent recurrence to fundamental principles."-Patrick Henry

Comments

• Options
    DIRTYRATDIRTYRAT Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ticks and Chiggers arent much of a problem around here. We seem to have alot more of the Damn Deer-flys...Eat ya alive this year! I have to sray the lab down with Deep-woods Off every other day or so. When I drive down my drive-way, they swarm my truck. I shut it off and wait a few before getting out. On the Plus-side, Mosquitoes havent been bad at all this year here!

Ruric, NE OHIO,
  • Options
    Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here in Indiana they are a HUGE problem too. I generally use two different types of bug spray. The first is clothing only spray called Permanone and can be found at our local Wal-Mart. Then I use a spray with as much DEET as I can find around my ankles, arms, and head. Rarely do I ever get any with this method and I play paintball and hunt so I am constantly in the woods and brush.

waco.gif

When in doubt, unload the clip, Semper Fi
  • Options
    gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    your thread got me looking for this stuff again. It is the only thing I have found that works for chiggers and for that matter really the only thing that works for jelly fish...I used to get it from the FD but they dont have it anymore ..

http://www.wipeawaypain.com/shop/index.php?manufacturers_id=10

its all about pucks and bucks
    smilie_schuetze.gif
  • Options
    Wild OkieWild Okie Member Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    LOL I use flea and tick dog collars around my boots.I spent two weeks in the feild one summer during NG training.The guys were picken ticks off themselves every night.I never got one on me.I did get some chiggers though.[:o)]quote:Originally posted by EhlerDave
    Around here when we get out of the mowed lawn I use cattle ear tags on my boot tops to keep the no see umms offin me. [:)]

Say nothing, Just smile and make them guess how much you know....

MLMorgan
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    I dont much care about being bit as much as I do getting the desease they cary mosquitos here have EEE and the ticks give you lime desease[xx(][:(][:(!] Bugs suck Get it Suck[:D][:D]
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    I got some chiggers this last weekend also. Yep, buckey they suck.[:D]

If huntin' is a sport, then your lookin at an athlete- T-shirt

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.