In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

How much time?

gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
How much time did you get to spend in the stand this season? I know I am a little premature here we still have a few days left and some have a couple weeks still.

BUT IT IS SLOW IN HERE! ARE YOU IN THE WOODS NOW?

[:D]

Comments

• Options
    gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    How much time do ya'll take off during hunting season? I am really considering takeing the entire first week off, and I know I can get it off too. I just dont normally take time off so it is odd for me. I even worked the first 2 days of my last vacation here and the others with David on a house remodel. I guess that does not count as a vacation then huh?

Anyway.... so how much time do yall take off?

its all about pucks and bucks
    smilie_schuetze.gif
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    It varies for me, I will take random days off during season to have a longer weekend to hunt. If I am drawn for the hot park that I hunted last season I will take that whole week off. I have been drawn to hunt the area right outside of that park so I will probably take that week off as well.

If huntin' is a sport, then your lookin at an athlete- T-shirt

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • Options
    Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I generally try to take off a few days during our rut toward the end of Oct or begining of Nov. More often than not, I try and take off the first day or two of our Gun season during the middle of Nov. I would love to take off more but I had to wait 5 years to get my second week of vacation time here. This is the first year that I have had two weeks and I have already had to burn most of it to cover the time I took off while we are slow.[:(]

waco.gif

When in doubt, unload the clip, Semper Fi
  • Options
    gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I take opening week for bow off, opening week for firearm off, and ussually 2-3 days for muzzlestuffer off. The rest of my vacation days are used for salmon and steelhead fishing.
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    A minimum of two weeks and some days here and there.I go after work and every weekend possible and I still cant get enough.[:0]
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    Take off about 2 full weeks a year for hunting.[:D][:p]

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!
  • Options
    headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    Last fall i set my class scheduel up around hunting season. I hunted wensday to monday morning all through the season. right now im jobless so ill be a substitute teacher and hunt when i dont have to teach

Messenger Boy: The Thesselonian you're fighting... he's the biggest man i've ever seen. I wouldn't want to fight him.
    Achilles: Thats why no-one will remember your name.
  • Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    I use 10 or 12 of my vacation days for hunting, usually 4 days during the first rut, 2 or 3 days for muzzleloader, and the rest randomly when the need arises. [:D]
    I also hunt after work, weekends, holidays, and when the wife loses track of me. [;)]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I go bow after work hunt all the weekends that I can..don't take any vaction off for bow but,,3days off to go firearm season in Indiana,,1week off to blackpowder(handgun)in Iowa,,2days for spring turkey. Pretty much 2 weeks out of 3 weeks I have other 1 fishing in Canada or out west hunt which ever comes up.
  • Options
    LmbhngrLmbhngr Member Posts: 271 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    At least a week during the peak rut...or as close to as luck allows...maybe a weekend during gun season...and muzzleloader. I try to take advantage of the early bow season before Daylight Savings shortens the days. After that it's weekends and/or holidays. Not to forget about the two weeks for turky season and this year I'm tossing in a week long Ontario Black Bear bowhunt.
  • Options
    ENOS29ENOS29 Member Posts: 699 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A day here, A day there! What ever I can do, Or am allowed by the wife.[:D] I would love to take a whole month or the season off like those drury hunters do![:(!] Well at least I like the show and am very jealous if you couldn't notice!!!

BAG IT. TAG IT. EAT. SLEEP. REPEAT..