In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

What is the best bow for finger release?

Travis HallamTravis Hallam Member Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭✭
Wondering what the best bow is for shooting without a trigger. I don't use triggers or sights but like something real fast with good let off.

I use to love to bow hunt but quit for a few years. I returned to use a PSE but it blew up twice on me and after 2 smacks on the forearm, I retired for a few years again.

Considering one last run with a bow. Any suggestions?

Mad Dog

Comments

• Options
    surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would get 1 with a long axle to axle length..less finger pitch
  • Options
    shootlowshootlow Member Posts: 5,425
    edited November -1
    surekill has it right
    and one with out radical cams with a little bit of valley to allow for some creep.

i used an older Hoyt pro force extream for finger shooting

"Go over,go under,go around,or go through.But never give up."
  • Options
    Travis HallamTravis Hallam Member Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks guys,

I was kind of hopeing for certain model suggestions. I have been out of the game awhile so I am clueless on what models are what. My boy has a predator but I have not touched it (dang thing has sights)[;)].

Mad Dog
  • Options
    surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    PSE..BEAR..PEARSON....and I guess HOYT...I would just go to your local proshop and look and see which 1 fells good to you.
  • Options
    danski26danski26 Member Posts: 284 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    look for a model with recurve limbs. many modern compounds have a option with each riser paired with recurve laminate or solid glass limbs. These will be longer axel to axel than a straight limb combo.

You could always get a nice recurve or long bow.

0311 semper fi