In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Went for a walk today

Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
Just wanted to let you all know that I took a walk on my hunting lease today. It's currently being logged but they are working with us to leave trees and logging roads. Saw a lot of good areas that were hard to get into last year. I also saw one LITTLE fawn that was beating for it mother I guess. It was probably only a couple of weeks old. I saw a lot of signs but it was hard to tell how much because of the logging. One buddy checked his camera and had two nice bucks. One was probably 120 class maybe pushing 130 but the tines were short. The other didn't get a real good picture but looked to be a little bit larger than the first. I had my camera out for a week and got 11 pictures but I haven't gotten them developed yet. Just thought I would share since we are all couting down the days!

waco.gif

When in doubt, unload the clip, Semper Fi

Comments

• Options
    danski26danski26 Member Posts: 284 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am itchin to get started also. I have a small "13 acre" plot i can hunt this year for the first time right next to a state park. BIG deer on the park land! I hope they come over by me.

0311 semper fi
  • Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    I saw a decent 8 pointer this morning, he couldn't decide which side of the rode he wanted to be on. I had a pretty good look at him and couldn't see any velvet on his rack at all. Last night I saw two small bucks in a field down from me and they were both still in full velvet. kinda strange I thought.

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent