In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Who hunts what?

gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
Was talking to a friend and he got me wondering... who here hunts what?
I personally hunt Deer, hog, gator, duck, dove, geese and turkey. Ocassionaly I will go for marsh hen and snipe but not very often.

its all about pucks and bucks
smilie_schuetze.gif

Comments

• Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Just Whitetail deer. I would like to elk or pronghorn.each spring I say Im going to turkey hunt then I get busy doing other crap and never go. But I miss very few days from oct 1 to Jan 31. even go after work till the clocks go back.Im absolutly addicted to bowhunting whitetail.[:o)]
  • Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Whitetail, coyote, elk, bear and sometimes goose.

"Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool"anim_naughty.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy
    Just Whitetail deer. I would like to elk or pronghorn.each spring I say Im going to turkey hunt then I get busy doing other crap and never go. But I miss very few days from oct 1 to Jan 31. even go after work till the clocks go back.Im absolutly addicted to bowhunting whitetail.[:o)]

So you are looking forward to 2007 when Daylight Savings Time is extended by 4 weeks huh....[:D] Will be signed into effect today by good ol' "W" [:D]

smilie_schuetze.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Are you serious. Or do I live under a rock[?] Go ahead girl let me have Im wide open.[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yeah I am serious... it has been all over the news all weekend about how people are freaking because thir "tivos" and the likes wont record at the right time... how friggin lazy are they if they cant manualy change a friggin clock. I think it will start 3 weeks early and last an extra week. I may be backward on that tho.

And no I am not in the mood to get on anyone today I have too many other things I am worried about right now. So be happy Buckey I am letting you slide on that one...[:0]

smilie_schuetze.gif
  • Options
    Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Whitetail, turkey, rabbit, squirrel, some dove, and quail.

The time change thing is a HUGE issue in my area right now. The short version: there are a few counties in souther Indiana and a few up north that are in a different time zone than the rest of the state. When the time changes, I can split the state highway and on side of my truck is in one time zone and the other side is an hour different. What really sucks is that before this wacko gov got elected, at least the entire state was on the same time during the summer. Now he has strongarmed laws that will change that so my hunting ground (2 miles from my house) will constantly be an hour ahead of me. The only chance is that the counties can petition the Feds to switch the zone they are in. Bad part is that each county is trying to see what the others are going to do. IT SUCKS!! BIG BIG!!

Gagirl, hows things going with all of that today and over the weekend? Anybetter?

waco.gif

When in doubt, unload the clip, Semper Fi
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Slash... what area of the state are you in? I may be up in Liberty which is in Union County sometime soon. Ya anywhere close?

smilie_schuetze.gif
  • Options
    Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I live in the south western end. About 20 minutes from Evansville. If you think Indiana looks like a boot, then we are in the toe![:D] What'ca coming this way for[?]

waco.gif

When in doubt, unload the clip, Semper Fi
  • Options
    gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Whitetail deer, turkey, pheasant, chukkar, partridge, duck, goose, squirel, coyote, crow, rabbit, bear, and hog. I would like to take a trip somewhere in the near future for mule dear, elk, or antelope.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well my ex hubby is hideing out there and we are thinking about taking away parental rights and/or David adopting Kristen. My ex hubby has not seen her since 99 and has not paid child support since 98. I dont care about getting the over 40k in back child support. David is very concerned that if anything happens to me that my ex would auto get custody. I dont think that would happen because GA law states 12 months no see and no pay auto is considered abandonment. I am just tell you all this so ya'll dont think I am takeing something away from someone who has been in her life or even cares to be.

smilie_schuetze.gif
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    Bow-hunt Deer and Turkey. Rifle hunt Yotes, and Squirell. Shotgun for Squirrell, Rabbit, Dove, Pheasant, Chukar, and Quail.

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishermanben
    Bow-hunt Deer and Turkey. Rifle hunt Yotes, and Squirell. Shotgun for Squirrell, Rabbit, Dove, Pheasant, Chukar, and Quail.

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!

You left off women Benny boy...

smilie_schuetze.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    He dosent hunt women he practices[:0] CATCH and RELEASE[}:)][:D][:D]
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Whitetail, turkey, pheasant, dove, coyote. Would like to go hunt Mule deer and Elk sometime.

Dove is right around the corner, should help pass the time til deer.

So gagirl I guess I can be huntin in 23 days if ya look at it that way.

bang (sticking my tongue out givin rasberries)

If huntin' is a sport, then your lookin at an athlete- T-shirt

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:
    Dove is right around the corner, should help pass the time til deer.

So gagirl I guess I can be huntin in 23 days if ya look at it that way.

bang (sticking my tongue out givin rasberries)

1. can hunt hog 365 here... so already open season [:0]
    2. edit... nevermind... dont want to make you red.
    3. I like raspberries... with a little cream please....[:0]

Dove starts Sept 3rd here. David cant wait... I guess it will hold me over till the next weekend... whooo hoooo

smilie_schuetze.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    He dosent hunt women he practices[:0] CATCH and RELEASE[}:)][:D][:D]

I don't have to release, they've become pretty good at escaping.

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!
  • Options
    gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:gagirl Posted - 08/08/2005 : 1:33:48 PM

quote:
    Originally posted by fishermanben

Ben

Play Ball!!!

You left off women Benny boy...

Ah yes the ever elusive split tail.
  • Options
    shootlowshootlow Member Posts: 5,425
    edited November -1
    if it walks,crawls,flyes or swims

"Go over,go under,go around,or go through.But never give up."
  • Options
    edited November -1
    No Comment[:D][:I][:I]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    gagirl we can hunt yotes here 365 but when the crops are in it is pretty well impossible. Besides they are a lot easier to see with snow on the ground.

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    gagirl we can hunt yotes here 365 but when the crops are in it is pretty well impossible. Besides they are a lot easier to see with snow on the ground.

So let me know when it starts snowing so I can come visit [:D]

smilie_schuetze.gif
  • Options
    surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hunt Deer,,coyotes,,fox,,fuzzbutts(rabbits),,pheasants,,turkey,,have bin out west got a mulie,antelope in Wy. whitetail in SD. Lots of deer in Indiana [:D]
  • Options
    salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    bowhunt deer and groundhogs.
    gun hunt deer turkey grouse squirrel.

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
    -Jimmy the cheese man
  • Options
    Wild OkieWild Okie Member Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    (Whitetail,Bow only) (turkey,gun and soon bow) (rabbit Recurve Bow only in the snow)When we get snow. (squirrel,bow and gun) (dove, and quail.Gun)

I have done deer with gun but gave it up.To scary with all those idiots out there taken sound shots.[:(!][xx(]

MLMorgan
  • Options
    DIRTYRATDIRTYRAT Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ducks {Mallards and Woodies mostly},Geese {Canadian},Squirrels,Whitetail deer,Cottontail rabbits,Woodchucks,Ruffed Grouse once in a while...Eat Everything taken!

Ruric, NE OHIO,
  • Options
    ENOS29ENOS29 Member Posts: 699 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Whitetail, Pheasant, Rabbit, Dove, Coyote, Turkey(have boght a bow tag just hoping to be in the right place at the right time while deer hunting), and anything else that comes into range![:D] But I had a skunk come right under my tree last year and passed![:I]

BAG IT. TAG IT. EAT. SLEEP. REPEAT..
  • Options
    RembrandtRembrandt Member Posts: 4,486 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Whitetail
    Mulies
    Antelope
    Cougars
    Lynx
    Buffalo
    Aaudad Sheep
    Corsican, Mouflon Sheep
    Boar
    Quail
    Rabbits
    Squirrels
    Ducks
    Geese
    ....and wild dogs
  • Options
    Mr.PissyPantsMr.PissyPants Member Posts: 3,575
    edited November -1
    Bear and blacktail deer. Occaisionally hunt rabbit, grouse and coyotes.

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Whitetail, Elk (some, not much), rabbit, squirrel, duck, geese, grouse, doves, ground hogs, coyotes, fox, *, turkey, pheasant & quail but there aren't many around here.
    Oh yeah, chicks too. [;)]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Suspension

Hey susp, I have a serious question for you. At what point does the hunter become the hunted?

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rembrandt
    Whitetail
    Mulies
    Antelope
    Cougars
    Lynx
    Buffalo
    Aaudad Sheep
    Corsican, Mouflon Sheep
    Boar
    Quail Is that it Holy cow you must travel alot.[?]
    Rabbits
    Squirrels
    Ducks
    Geese
    ....and wild dogs
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishermanben
    quote:Originally posted by Suspension

Hey susp, I have a serious question for you. At what point does the hunter become the hunted?

Ben

When he gets a buncha money and all the woman want him....???? [:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Good answer susp . it's so true. Watch your backs fellas[:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'll never have to worry about that.[:D]

I'm outta here for a few days, gotta go set up the tent for the state fair in hopes of recruiting some future vets then I will be there this weekend and next. Then DuQuion the two following. So y'all have fun and play nice.

• Options
    edited November -1
    See ya bang! Have fun

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Enjoy Bang have a great time play safe. watch those tent pole near wires. or you will be bacon.[;)]
  • Options
    RembrandtRembrandt Member Posts: 4,486 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rembrandt
    Whitetail
    Mulies
    Antelope
    Cougars
    Lynx
    Buffalo
    Aaudad Sheep
    Corsican, Mouflon Sheep
    Boar
    Quail Is that it Holy cow you must travel alot.[?]
    Rabbits
    Squirrels
    Ducks
    Geese
    ....and wild dogs

Some years ago I took 6 months off and hunted seven states...will never forget that one. My line of work allows me to travel extensively, have done as many as 30 states and six forgein countries in one year. Hope to try some South American dove hunting in the future.
  • Options
    texastradingposttexastradingpost Member Posts: 77 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I love small game hunting more than anything. Lot of duck hunting. Currently training a vizsla as a true to her roots versatile hunting dog that will point, track, tree, and retrieve. I also hunt big game of all kinds, including the unusual. standard.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    That's a fair size salamander you got there texastradingpost. Would that be a knife in the back of it's neck your holding it down with? Did you arrow it? Pretty cool! How come it isn't biting you since you only have hold of it's upper jaw?

gagirl usually wrestles them into the boat one handed, but she doesn't like to brag about it. [;)]

• Options
    texastradingposttexastradingpost Member Posts: 77 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    That one is a very old picture and was actually taken by hook and line. The knife is a Garand Bayonet. The gator was pulled into the boat alive and killed with the bayonet. Severed the spine at the base of the neck and he went limp, yet I can shoot one and it may roll around the boat for over an hour. I have taken a few with a bow though.
    standard.jpg
    Bow is an old Martin target bow, but hybridized with even older metal Bear bow cables and cams.
    standard.jpg
    Notice the bent solid shaft arrow. I use an adapted spear gun point cabled to the shaft.
    standard.jpg
    All on public hunts. Over 15 of them from 4 ft up to my personal best of 11 ft 6 inch from Sea Rim State Park.