In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Spotlighting Saturday Night

Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
Just thought I would let everyone know what we saw spotlighting over the weekend. (Before anyone goes off, it's legal in Indiana as long as you don't have a weapon in your vehicle.) We were out for about an hour around our lease and saw three nice shooters. It was foggy and tough to make out but they were all 140 to maybe loy 150's. All told we saw probably 50 to 60 deer and probably 15 to 20 different bucks. We really need to take some does this fall! I'm not exaclty counting the days but it is getting closer!

waco.gif

When in doubt, unload the clip, Semper Fi

Comments

• fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    You just got too many. They could be in for a rough winter. Every one you harvest is doing the herd a favor. Put 'er on automatic.

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd rather kill me a couple of young does early for meat and older ones for summer sausage and snack sticks. Then hope ya get one of them 140 or betters to get close enough fer a shot.

"Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool"anim_naughty.gif
  • surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey Slash I'll count them for ya 82 days [:D] Where bout you at out there I hunt close to Rockville..Waveland in Parke County

GET~R~DONE!
  • Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We are way down south, in Pike county. About 30 miles north of Evansville. Our lease is 900 acres and the total deer that we saw covered maybe 5 to 10 miles of county roads. But all of these deer were with oh about 1/2 mile or less of some of our property. There are a lot of bean fields where we are seeing the deer. There have been years that we see 150+ deer in a single night. Looks like it's going to be a good year!

As for the days, a buddy I work with has private propety in Evansville that we can hunt as an "Urban Deer Zone" starting Sept 15 I believe. I might take him up on his offer this year!

waco.gif

• SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Around here I've heard of people being stopped by the sheriff for shining their headlights in fields, and to have a spot light inside your vehicle is a big no no. [:D]

Sounds like your gonna have a good season, good luck! [:)]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Spotlights[:0][:0] don't get caught around here. big no no. you spotlight your jacking deer.[V]
  • Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We know most of the LEO around here and almost all deer hunters in our area "shine" as we call it. I wasn't with them, but my buddies have been stopped before. They were all legal (no weapons of any kind) so it was "have a nice time!" It's a good scouting tool here.

waco.gif

• bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Sounds like you could have a great season. Hope you get a shot on a good one.

If huntin' is a sport, then your lookin at an athlete- T-shirt

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    my favorite shining field is now a corn foeld

Messenger Boy: The Thesselonian you're fighting... he's the biggest man i've ever seen. I wouldn't want to fight him.
    Achilles: Thats why no-one will remember your name.