In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

ground blinds

gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
Looked at the Double Bull blinds this weekend. David is in love with them but $499 for a blind... to me thats just a bit high. Anyone in here use a ground blind much and what's your favorite? Pros/ Cons?

its all about pucks and bucks
smilie_schuetze.gif

Comments

• gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    what are some good ideas for inexpensive moveable ground blinds? either bought or home made??
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My dad uses the doghouse blind and just loves it. I myself have never used one, but I have built grounds blinds (for my daughter) in spots where I know has alot of traffic.

"Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool"anim_naughty.gif
  • gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    What about the "shoot thru" fabric? I dont see where it would make a diff with a rifle... but I wonder about with a bow. I am considering useing one because my daughter who is 10 has been asking if she can go with me some this year.

its all about pucks and bucks
    smilie_schuetze.gif
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    I have oneI got at Dicks sporting goods sets up in like 10 sec ya just pop it open. only hunted out of it twice diddent see anything but liked it a lot only like 89 bucks. [:)]
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    I'm bout the same as buckey, I have one but have only used it like twice and didn't see anything.
    May try it a little more this season depending on where I hunt.

If huntin' is a sport, then your lookin at an athlete- T-shirt

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • ENOS29ENOS29 Member Posts: 699 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't get the outhouse unless you are gun hunting alone. Bought one last year and is very tight for bow hunting! I think the doghouse or double bull([:p]) would be great!!

BAG IT. TAG IT. EAT. SLEEP. REPEAT..
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gogolen
    I am partial to these
    http://www.luckyshuntingblinds.com/
    [:0] That poor deer in that picture looks like they starved him so the guy in the bling could hand feed him. or her. wow that deer is scrawny. [B)]
  • iluvgunsiluvguns Member Posts: 5,351
    edited November -1
    gagagirl...after 3 back surgeries, all the hunting I do is out of ground blinds. I have found the "Doghouse" blind to be perfect for my needs. Can hold my son and I very comfortably. I just bought another one at the local Gander Mountain for $69 on sale. That makes 3 Doghouses for me. I have an "Outhouse", but it is really tight with two. I don't use the shoot-through window netting. Never saw the need for it. The interor is black. We take off our orange when we get in, so have no problems with the deer seeing us. Last year my son killed 7 deer out of one and I killed 2. Not bad, IMHO!

One more thing...they are super EASY to set-up and take down. And come with a back-pack thingy to tote them in and out with. But I leaev mine up all year.
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy
    quote:Originally posted by gogolen
    I am partial to these
    http://www.luckyshuntingblinds.com/
    [:0] That poor deer in that picture looks like they starved him so the guy in the bling could hand feed him. or her. wow that deer is scrawny. [B)]

Looks like CWD if I've ever seen it.

Either that, or a really poor full body mount.

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!
  • jimdandijimdandi Member Posts: 122 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have been tree stand hunter for years, but picked up a pop up blind in the bargain cave at Cabelas for $59.00. It was the river bottom pattern which isn't that practical in Manitoba but it has the brush loops that I used to hide it better. On a black powder hunt in the western part of the province I took a small buck, but almost got run over by a doe and a calf. The calf actually touched the blind as it ran by.... I guess it worked....
    I havn't used the bow or the shoot through screens yet though...
    My buddy has the double bull blind that has 360 degree visibility, I can hardly wait to try it out...
  • shellyshelly Member Posts: 205 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    we sell them both it all boils down to what will last you the longest and how much you plan on using it. The double bull has a thicker material and sturdier frame plus more room. The ameristep is a good brand for a inexpensive price. The double bull will just last over the years and is a better investment for the money.

shelly