In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

anyone have a digital scouting camera

buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
I was wondering if Anyone has a digital scouting camera and how it performes compared to the 35 mm.

Comments

• Options
    Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a 35mm and a buddy I hunt with has two digital's. One Moultrie and the other is a Cuddy Back. IMHO the digitals are only marginaly better when you factor in the price. His Moutrie sucks and he has had nothing but problems with it. I triggered on a doe and then took a pic a minute and had over 130 when it stopped! Digitals are good for not having to spend money on developing 35mm but that is part of the fun for me. But all he has to do is to bring the camera or memory stick home and connect it to his TV and there's the pics. When you compare the price and consider that you will get what you pay for (quality isn't cheap) I'll stick with my 35mm.

waco.gif

When in doubt, unload the clip, Semper Fi
  • Options
    edited November -1
    My 35 mm ones take pretty good photos so you think I should stick with them???
  • Options
    edited November -1
    In my opinion, I would stick with the 35mm. It's just too easy to destroy or steal these things even on private property. The cost of these digital's is coming down but they are still very expensive to me. The only advantage that I have found is that you don't have to have your film developed. That's the only one that I have found. When I consider that it costs three or four bucks to get my roll developed at Wal-Mart, I can get a lot of rolls developed before I justify the cost of a GOOD digital. I'm just not willing to throw down $300 up for a good one and I don't think the cheap ones are any better or but could be worse in triggering than my 35mm.

waco.gif

• Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Slash0311
    In my opinion, I would stick with the 35mm. It's just too easy to destroy or steal these things even on private property. The cost of these digital's is coming down but they are still very expensive to me. The only advantage that I have found is that you don't have to have your film developed. That's the only one that I have found. When I consider that it costs three or four bucks to get my roll developed at Wal-Mart, I can get a lot of rolls developed before I justify the cost of a GOOD digital. I'm just not willing to throw down $300 up for a good one and I don't think the cheap ones are any better or but could be worse in triggering than my 35mm. And that is based off of seeing my buddies two in use.

waco.gif

waco.gif

• Options
    edited November -1
    I think your right. the only reason I wanted digital is because I am so impatitent. I want to see the pix right away.[:0]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'm sitting here trying to figure out how I double posted AND quoted myself at the same time!!!! I know my computer acted up but this is one for bizarro land![:D]

waco.gif

• Options
    edited November -1
    you must have hit reply to topic and reply with a quote. because of your age you forgot you only need to hit either.[:D][:D][:D][:0]
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1

waco.gif

waco.gif

When in doubt, unload the clip, Semper Fiquote:Originally posted by Slash0311

waco.gif

waco.gif

waco.gif

waco.gif

When in doubt, unload the clip, Semper Fiquote:Originally posted by Slash0311
    waco.gif

waco.gif

[:o)][:D]

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!
  • Options
    gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    Ben are you drinking already?

its all about pucks and bucks
    smilie_schuetze.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I haven't been, but the way my last two days have gone, I sure as H@@L wish I was!

waco.gif

• Options
    edited November -1
    can't drink/smoke yet...curing illness[}:)]

I'm on a steady regimen of antibiotics, V8Splash, Water, Zicam, and I'm going to go get some nasal crap....This stuff must die!!!

Ben (in a state of perma-nic-fit)[xx(]

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!
  • Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishermanben

I'm on a steady regimen of antibiotics, V8Splash, Water, Zicam, and I'm going to go get some nasal crap....This stuff must die!!!

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!

Can't drink or smoke??? hmmm sounds fishy to me[:D] I'll be sure I drink enough for both of us bro, after all that's what friends are for[;)]

"Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool"anim_naughty.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yeah taco, and it's worse than what you think. I throw a party every year for my friends on Labor Day weekend. It is the official "Party Barge Weekend" aka Ben's B-day, and I'm feeling like a friggin' DRIP!!!....I'm really kind of peeved. Well, if you feel like coming Olney Illinois ways, we've got the best meth-whoers this side of the Missipp!!![8D]

quote:Originally posted by taco413
    quote:Originally posted by fishermanben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!

Can't drink or smoke??? hmmm sounds fishy to me[:D] I'll be sure I drink enough for both of us bro, after all that's what friends are for[;)]

"Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool"anim_naughty.gif

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!