In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

I'm back

bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
Had a great time at the lake. Not many pics, sorry ben, bass fishin was bad, caught some but no "keeper" size. did some gar fishin just for some action and caught a few asian carp, wow do they fight! Get them just about to you and zzzing goes the line.
1st week was a little slow since I was by myself(well without my family) but still enjoyable. We did have a little excitment last Sat. night when one of the twins had an allergic reaction to some baby food but after a couple hours at emergency room she is fine. Saw lots of deer and turkey and for the first time, several ferral cats almost every night they came out. They did keep my dog entertained[:D].
So anyway 118 beers and 1 bottle of captain later we are home.
Ben I will try to get the pics I do have up soon.
I kind of missed y'all. [:I]

Here is a pic of my crap (carp)I caught.

DSC00024.jpg

If huntin' is a sport, then your lookin at an athlete- T-shirt

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.

Comments

• bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    I only saw 4.[:0] Only one buck. Damn thing was huge(about 130-150. He tippytoed into my persimmon grove at dark. Big SOB came right into my shooting lane. I drew, and looked, and couldn't find him through my peep, so he left unscathed, and I never saw him again. Later on in the week I shot a big doe who had a fawn trailing 70 yards behind her. Probably dressed to 130-140. But then she made me sad.....she still had milk.[:(] So here's to the little guy who will have a long winter. Go find another deer to hang with, stay close, and watch out for VC in the trees.

Ben

"The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the right time, but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment."
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    good to have ya back. Glad you had a good trip. When all else fails, you can always carp fish for a good time. Glad your kid is okay, I bet that scared the bajeezes out of you and Mom.

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!
    edited November -1
    quote:I bet that scared the bajeezes out of you and Mom.
    Yep! Her face was swelled almost enough to close her eyes, she was pukin, screamin, and gaspin for air. But when all had calmed down at the dr.s she started smilin at him right away like nothin happened.

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    Welcome back and glad kiddo is ok.

its all about pucks and bucks
    smilie_schuetze.gif
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You were gone? [:D][:D] Glad to see ya back bud, BTW I didn't make it because I decided to go to a bow shoot. Got there and no targets were set up and the guys putting it on were across the field dove hunting. About 50 very pissed of people showed to shoot. They had changed it to Monday and forgot to tell everyone.

"Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool"anim_naughty.gif
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    nice goldfish. What'd you bait 'em w/?

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Bang are those two next to the carp largemouth[?]Glad ya had a good trip.[;)]
    edited November -1
    Well, I still question what they are but the fella I was fishin with is from that area and he had caught one the previous week and turned it in to the DNR to see if it was a breed of the asian carp that we are not supposed to return to the water and they confirmed it was. I believe it was the big head carp? or something like that. Hellava fight though, good time.