In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

I finally went peep

shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
put a peep sight on my bow today. Got to say that I am happy and don't think I will have any problems with darkness.

Comments

• Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yeah, I thought the same thing up until last year. Light wasn't my problem as much as the peep blocking my target area on the deer. I even paused and tried to regroup my shot. I hit too far back and lost the biggest buck that I ever fired an arrow at. I will never shoot a peep again. I am going with a Hing Sight this year and see how that works for me. Hope you have better luck than I did.

waco.gif

When in doubt, unload the clip, Semper Fi
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have already fired an arrow and bullet at the biggest dear I will ever shoot at, so hopefully I won't ever have that problem either. I still missed both times then [V].
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    SLASH HOW CAN YA PEEP BLOCK YOUR TARGET? HOW LARGE IS THE HOLE IN YOUR PEEP[?]
  • Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't know how big the hole was. I know that when I drew, the peep was blocking enough of the shoulder and rear area that I was having trouble pinpointing the exact spot to aim. I thought that I had it were I needed to aim, even after pauseing to regroup and aim again before releasing. I hit too far back. If I remember the name correctly, my posting about this was called "to peep or not to peep" and we go over my whole story of that hunt.

waco.gif

When in doubt, unload the clip, Semper Fi
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Did you have the rubber tube type?

If huntin' is a sport, then your lookin at an athlete- T-shirt

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
    edited November -1
    I just changed from the rubbrtype to the one with 3 seperated strands holding it in. diddent care for it much. because you can see a strand when shooting. then a friend of mine told me to color them black with a perminate marker. Guess what clear as a bell I love it no more rubber hose to snap no noise .[:)]
    edited November -1
    I went the opposite way, from the strand to the rubber. I didn't feel that the other was always lining up the same way on each draw. Not to say that it wasn't I just didn't feel that it was.

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    I like my hind sight... no peep and no wind resistance either... makes the bow quieter... just love the thing all around. [^]

its all about pucks and bucks
    smilie_schuetze.gif
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gagirl
    I like my hind sight... no peep and no wind resistance either... makes the bow quieter... just love the thing all around. [^]

smilie_schuetze.gif
    [:0] And I like the sight of your hind. Just a peep[;)] No resistance either very smooth. and definatly I want it to stay quiet[:D][:D][:D][}:)] I just love that thing it's so round[:p]
    edited November -1
    You dirty boy......I like it! [:D]

• surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey Bucky I think the 1 you are useing is called a SURE peep

GET~R~DONE!
  • gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy
    quote:Originally posted by gagirl

smilie_schuetze.gif
    [:0] And I like the sight of your hind. Just a peep[;)] No resistance either very smooth. and definatly I want it to stay quiet[:D][:D][:D][}:)] I just love that thing it's so round[:p]

Sorry Buckey, but I get quite loud [;)][}:)]

smilie_schuetze.gif
    edited November -1
    ohhhhhhhhhhh YEA!!!!!!!![:p]