In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

New rest, Old bow

dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
I have been wanting to change my rest since I got the bow. Most of my friends were trying to get me to put on a whisker biscuit. I don't like them with all the contact on the arrow and fletch. I was leaning to a drop away. I shot my dad's switchback with a drop zone and really liked it. I tried my friends with a QAD ultra rest and did not like manually setting it up before the shot, but did like that it held the arrow in place. My brother pressured me to get a Muzzy zero effect. I finally did it! I put on a Trophy Ridge Drop zone Match. What a difference it has made on my shooting! After some minor adjustments to it (also moved my sight and changed down to 100gr. tips) I have it sighted in. 20 and 30 yards I was braking nocks, 40 was in the 10 ring and 50 yards was just inside 4 inches! I was on fire last night! Now if I can keep it up.

Comments

• bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    nice job! I like the biscuit for hunting, never have to worry about the arrow falling off. Maybe some day I will try a drop away, maybe.

If huntin' is a sport, then your lookin at an athlete- T-shirt

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Biscut Baby[;)]
  • Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've never shot a drop away but you couldn't make me give up a Biscuit! I love that thing. I may slow my arrows a little bit and I may have to replace a few flecthings but it's great when hunting and not having to worry about your arrow banging around or falling off the rest!

waco.gif

When in doubt, unload the clip, Semper Fi
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Slash0311
    I've never shot a drop away but you couldn't make me give up a Biscuit! I love that thing. I may slow my arrows a little bit and I may have to replace a few flecthings but it's great when hunting and not having to worry about your arrow banging around or falling off the rest!

waco.gif

I was recently told you shouldn't have to replace fletchings with the newer biscuit. I was running one fletch threw the black wiskers til I was told not to. No problems as of yet. Well since I quit running them threw the black. Not sure if it is 100% correct, only time will tell.
    Maybe your problem is your (saying as I bow and get in my best kung fu stance) Hoyt.

Sorry slash but it has been a while since we did the hoyt mathews thing.

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
    edited November -1
    I have the newer biscuit too hundres of shots noproblemo[;)]
    edited November -1
    [:D][:D][:D] TO ARMS!!! TO ARMS!!!! SHOTS FIRED!!! [:D][:D][:D]

(Lips not moving with words, in oriental accent) Oh honorable master bang san, you slap all Hoyt masters in face with Mathews bashing. Your kung-fu will be no match for my "flying-razortec-of-death-claw-strangle-hold-of-feathers." Other than everytime I have used it, it hasn't let me down![:D][:D][:D]

I got the newer B2 a couple of weeks ago and also swithced to Blaze 2" vains. That's what the guy at the pro shop recommened for shooting with the biscuit. Thanks for the laugh, I needed it today!

waco.gif

edited November -1
    Hey Slash!!! You aint all there,,,,,,,,,,,, are Ya[?][:D][:D][:D]
    edited November -1
    buckey whats the count down to the N. dakota hunt? I have another possible place to hunt come next season when you are in Il. it is state ground again close to gibbys, you may have even hunted ther already it is in or around the wayne fitzgerald state park. A friend of mine got the scoop on this place from some locals last year as far as what gets pressured and what doesn't and even gave him a map, so we will be tryin it out this year.

Slash you crack me up man! your feathers are no match for my.....cats claw!? I don't know that was the best I could come up with.

• dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm not saying that a biscuit is not a good rest... Just that I don't like them. I know lots of people that do, and I don't tell them they are wrong.
    And as for the problem with my old Hoyt... Yes I wish it was a new switchback, but I can't afford it! Besides I will not argue about who makes a better bow, as I do not know much about any of the newer ones. The only one I have shot was my dad's switchback. That is a sweet bow.
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    I have another possible place to hunt come next season when you are in Il. it is state ground again close to gibbys, you may have even hunted ther already it is in or around the wayne fitzgerald state park. A friend of mine got the scoop on this place from some locals last year as far as what gets pressured and what doesn't and even gave him a map, so we will be tryin it out this year.

Ya might run into me if yer around that area bang.

"Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool"anim_naughty.gif
    edited November -1
    quote:buckeyboy Posted - 09/13/2005 : 3:41:05 PM
    Hey Slash!!! You aint all there,,,,,,,,,,,, are Ya

Nope![:D] Life is funner that way![:D][:p][:D]

quote:bang250 Posted - 09/13/2005 : 3:49:41 PM
    buckey whats the count down to the N. dakota hunt? I have another possible place to hunt come next season when you are in Il. it is state ground again close to gibbys, you may have even hunted ther already it is in or around the wayne fitzgerald state park. A friend of mine got the scoop on this place from some locals last year as far as what gets pressured and what doesn't and even gave him a map, so we will be tryin it out this year.

Slash you crack me up man! your feathers are no match for my.....cats claw!? I don't know that was the best I could come up with.

(Again in poor oriental accent with mouth not moving to words) My feather thing-a-ma-bob laughs are your cats claw! No doubt a disfigured hand from shooting a Mathews!

quote:9 Posted - 09/13/2005 : 5:32:48 PM
    I'm not saying that a biscuit is not a good rest... Just that I don't like them. I know lots of people that do, and I don't tell them they are wrong.

It all boils down to what you can afford and are comfortable with! As long as you can hit what you are aiming at, it doesn't really matter what brand you shoot. As long as it isn't a Mathews![:D]

waco.gif

• surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    He whom grabs pebble from hand master the MATHEWS [:D]
    Any way your right slash get 1 you like and use it. But I would go with the biscuit [:D]

GET~R~DONE!
    edited November -1
    quote:Ya might run into me if yer around that area bang.

I hope I run into you, it has been way to long since we had suds.

(Story time)
    Setting: On a sunny fall day bang and slash are out in the back pasture fixin to throw some arrows.

Bang: Hey slash are you ready to do some shootin'?
    Slash: dern tootin'
    Bang: So what are you shootin these days?
    Slash: I shoot a...ah....Hoyt
    Bang: bless you, do you need a kleenex?

(silence falls except for the sound of a lonely cricket chirping)
    [:D][:D][;)]

• shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    this sure got off topic!
    edited November -1
    Bang Im leaving Oct 9th 24 more days 8 hours 37 min and 3 seconds.
    Wouldent mind staying at rend lake again. if you can show me whereto hunt that would be great.[;)]