In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Anyone use these(or something like it)

salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
http://www.treeslinger.com/

Looks like heaven on earth to me. Very few tree stands have platforms that I like(too small). There is a couple of ladder stands on the market with 36"x45" platforms, cost almost $300.
Wonder if this would be a cheaper alternative.

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
-Jimmy the cheese man

Comments

• gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    Have made our own similar to those and really liked them. The only problem I see with those are the fact that if left out the straps would rot over time and may cause a falling hazard. Private land they work great but if you hunt public land at all it would be a no go down here.

its all about pucks and bucks
    smilie_schuetze.gif
  • salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I guess you can change the straps every year.

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
    -Jimmy the cheese man
  • gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    Yup you can and they are not that expensive either. Personally I love a large platform and you can put a camo skirt/blind around it too and thus have more leg room and able to move about more.

its all about pucks and bucks
    smilie_schuetze.gif
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Just build a treehouse. put a roof on, heater inside. hunt in comfort.[:D] I have a friend that hunts from a platform stand that he made out of pallets, plywood, 2 x 4s and a fiberglass chair. pretty dern comfy. If it had a roof maybe I could get him to hunt in the rain.

If huntin' is a sport, then your lookin at an athlete- T-shirt

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Thats great if ya got yer own property. I like trying toset my stand in the fork of a tree. seems to help me not get picked off as easily.
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    I don't like getting too far from the trunk. They pick me out easier.

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!
  • headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    Now ya got me thinking thats not good

Messenger Boy: The Thesselonian you're fighting... he's the biggest man i've ever seen. I wouldn't want to fight him.
    Achilles: Thats why no-one will remember your name.