In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

21 days

A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
Just as the title reads: "21 Days Till the Season". Only problem is I'm confused on where to hunt. I know I should locate a food source/ water for early season but what else to look for. Doe's won't be much to locate since the rut wont be in for another 2-3 weeks after the open so what am I lookin' for to hang my stand near? I know of two apple trees in two very nice spots that would be nice to hang a stand...I don't know what else to locate[?] Any info would be appreciated [:D]

A.Gun

Comments

• surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The apple trees would be good to hunt. I set up between food,bedding areas. Some in major travel points,edge of fields

GET~R~DONE!
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Find acorns, you find deer. At least in Ohio. In reality, people think, if I find a watering hole that I will find deer. This is not always the case. Deer can get water from so many different places, a little puddle in the woods is enough. If you live around cornfields as I do, find a cornfield that has just been shelled and hunt in a woods near it. Depending on where you are rut usually isn't until November. Shallow creek beds can be good or along them, if it is legal in your area. Or dried creek beds. Grass and alphala fields are good, final cutting should be off and it will grow for the rest of the growing season.
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Find acorns, you find deer. At least in Ohio. In reality, people think, if I find a watering hole that I will find deer. This is not always the case. Deer can get water from so many different places, a little puddle in the woods is enough. If you live around cornfields as I do, find a cornfield that has just been shelled and hunt in a woods near it. Depending on where you are rut usually isn't until November. Shallow creek beds can be good or along them, if it is legal in your area. Or dried creek beds. Grass and alphala fields are good, final cutting should be off and it will grow for the rest of the growing season.
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    During the start of the season most will stick to their normal patterns until pressure gets to them. Try heavy traveled routes between food sources and bedding areas.
    Or you could have s.gun find them then you hunt there. [;)][:D] I'd perfer that method myself. [:D]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent