In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Gettin there

bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
Sat. night was nice and cool, the moon was high and full very bright night, no wind perfectly calm, the smell of fall in the air. I could hear the bin driers running and the combines in the fields. Sweat shirt and a camp fire would have set the night off. As I stood outside lookin at the moon and listening to the sounds, taking several deep breathes of the crisp air all I could think was, it will be here soon. Sittin in the tree, watchin and waitin for the mature animal to walk in, unknowingly being watched, by me, the hunter and then when the broadside is presented ..TTHHWWAAACCKK!! ...the jump kick, the running through the woods trying to escape. The minuntes passing seeming like hours, giving the animal time to go and pass peacefully. climing down the tree lookin for that first spot of blood. Then the excitment of the trailing begins, hopeing your arrow flew true and straight, connecting to the vital area in which you were aiming. Following the trail to the beautiful animal that we love so much to hunt, watch and eat. Feeding our familys and freinds what nature and God has provided.

Only 11 days left! Hope I didn't sound to corny but I am just so pumped about season being so close, can't wait for the new camo to arrive, to be out in the woods with nature. Ok I'm done jabberin'now.

If huntin' is a sport, then your lookin at an athlete- T-shirt

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.

Comments

• buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Not corny at all if your a hunter and you ant thinking of things like that go golfing or biking great story.[;)]
  • Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Agreed! Good story. I went out and put up two more stands on Saturday. Saw a nice small buck on the edge of a field that morning. Not a shooter but still probably 120 range. Saw a lot of nice area too. I am starting to get revved up a bit but still not quite there. I'm hoping to get my game cam film developed this weekend. I had it out on a good run for 6 days and got 7 pics. So hopefully there will be something big waiting on film for me. Only bad part of that spot is that it's about a 30 min walk from the closest point that I can park. It's in a very remote part of our least and difficult for US to walk to. What sucks even more is that an *#ole neighbor can walk their easier than us. We have to get in there to make sure he doesn't trespass on us. They've done it before! We're hoping that the loggers will build us an easier road in next summer!

waco.gif

When in doubt, unload the clip, Semper Fi
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    120 range! I call that a shooter! What are you trying to wack a 180?