In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

whats your hunting plan for the year

headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
whats your hunting plan for the year. Im going to try and not hunt my stands as much as last year. I feel that i over hunted my stands last year and as a result didnt see as many deer. this year i have acess to a bunch of new farms around me and a climbing tree stand so i think im good to go. Im also hoping the one farmer picks his corn again in this one field like he did last year because the deer swormed the woodlot next to it. To top it off I found an acorn flat the other day thats full of acorns.October 15th cant come fast enough for me

Messenger Boy: The Thesselonian you're fighting... he's the biggest man i've ever seen. I wouldn't want to fight him.
Achilles: Thats why no-one will remember your name.

Comments

• buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    If you can and Iknow it's not always possible hunt them when the wind is right thats most likly why you diddent see deer because you hunted them in all wind directions . maybe not just a guess hope it helps.[;)][:)]
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well i am going home to hunt the 4th of November to the 7th or 8th. If i don't get something then, I will have thanksgiving break.
  • Islander1989Islander1989 Member Posts: 183 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've got 2 stands set up, one for a north wind and one for a south wind. One of them will only allow a shot of about 35 yards, so that is a bow only stand, but I'll rifle hunt (muzzle loader and modern) out of the other stand because I can get ~100 yard shots out of it. I'm also going to have a portable blind (netting I can stretch between trees) to set up if I want to hunt another spot on the spur of the moment.
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    My plan is to try to stick more than 5 this year. I would like to say I would stick an older deer than last year but I think 9-12 will be hard to beat. Bigger buck is still possible. Try not to get the fever as bad and keep relaxed. Hunt more, harder and different places that I haven't been. Also maybe some new spots on the land I have hunted. I hope the Blue Tongue virus outbreak doesn't affect the huntin to bad. I read they have already found 24 dead deer around one town here in Il and have found BTV in several other counties. That definately concerns me.[V][xx(][:(]

If huntin' is a sport, then your lookin at an athlete- T-shirt

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm going to move my stands to a diff area this year..maybe 40 yards[:)].Just kidding [:o)] prob leave things as they are why fix it if it's not broke [:D]

GET~R~DONE!
  • DIRTYRATDIRTYRAT Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hope to take atleast 2 here on local property, Then maybe head for the smoke and go after a "Urban" 3rd!?! NEED FULL FREEZER![:p]

Ruric, NE OHIO,