In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Why can't I get into it (seriously)

Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
I have been wonder why I can't seem to get into hunting this year. Here it is about two weeks before the season opens for me and I just can't get geared up. I have been going through the motions. Putting up stands, putting out my game cam but not much else. I haven't been shooting near as much as I should be either. When I stop and think about possible reasons, the only thing that I can think of is my job. My current job has sucked for a while (long story) and I'm waiting to be hired by my local Sheriff's dept. I'm number three on the list so it could happen any time but who knows when. Plus I will be starting the Reserve Program that is slated to start in October but no definate date yet and that will take most of my Saturdays out through the season. Anyone else ever have this problem? How do you get over it?

waco.gif

When in doubt, unload the clip, Semper Fi

Comments

• bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Buy a Mathews you'll feel so much better!!![:D][;)]

seriously, I haven't had that problem, but you never know I may some day. I hope you can over come it and hope you get your job that you want. I'm sure a lot of people have years like that. Maybe once you get the chance to sit in the woods and see some good movement and nice animals it will give you that little kick in the * that you are needing, call it a "kick start" if you will.
    I hope you get over it, I am kinda feelin bad for you, kinda (see first line).[;)]

If huntin' is a sport, then your lookin at an athlete- T-shirt

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Yea, Ive had that feeling before. once ya get out there and get to seeing some animals it will pass your mind is pre occupied with important issues. Nothing that a 140 class buck cant fix.[:0] hang in there Slash it will be fine. Push your self to shoot and hang some stands do some scouting this will help.[;)]
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    Yep, I can honestly say that hunting season, for me, does not start until I see my first deer from the tree.

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishermanben
    Yep, I can honestly say that hunting season, for me, does not start until I see my first deer from the tree. OHHHH benny boy I guess your season never starts.[:D][:D][:D]

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!
    edited November -1
    well, if I stay awake it usually happens in my first few hunts

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishermanben
    well, if I stay awake it usually happens in my first few hunts

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!

I usually don't start sleepin til I have a few hunts in. then its nap time.

If huntin' is a sport, then your lookin at an athlete- T-shirt

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
    edited November -1
    I only sleep in my tree when I'm tired.

On a perfect day, there is no way that I could.

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!
  • gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would have a hard time getting excited too if I shot a hoyt, it must get real old being beaten by all of those Mathews shooters.
    edited November -1
    last night a smelled an arctic breeze...and I did think about hunting
  • A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I watch hunting programs everday after school, I shoot my bow everyday. I have the number of days counted down. All that's on my mind right now is DEER DEER DEER. I even held off on a job as much as possible to go hunting lol.
  • surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Only bad thing bout jobs [B)] they just get in the way of hunting

1 shot is all ya get so make it a " SUREKILL " (T/C Encore-/-Contender/ MATHEWS SWITCHBACK Shooter)
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    I haven't been as excited this year as I normally am. Might be some of the same problems, work has been keeping busy 9+ hours a day, wife's dad had some health problems so we're over there a lot, and blah blah blah.
    I'll change my tone the first nice shooter I see in the woods. [:D]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent