In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

ground blinds

rjv140rjv140 Member Posts: 150 ✭✭✭
Looked at the Double Bull blinds this weekend. David is in love with them but $499 for a blind... to me thats just a bit high. Anyone in here use a ground blind much and what's your favorite? Pros/ Cons?

its all about pucks and bucks
smilie_schuetze.gif

Comments

• rjv140rjv140 Member Posts: 150 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    what are some good ideas for inexpensive moveable ground blinds? either bought or home made??
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    If you can get a group of three trees relatively close together, just go ahead and make a barrier with branches around it. Make sure to rake the leaves out of the middle, and you may even want a rug to put down if it rains.

While getting on top of a hill sounds like a good idea, it really is not because you will be "sky-lined". When I'm pistol hunting, I do like to sit right below the crest of a hill.

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!
  • surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They make camo netting I use it on turkeys should work for deer also.

1 shot is all ya get so make it a " SUREKILL " (T/C Encore-/-Contender/ MATHEWS SWITCHBACK Shooter)
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Like Ben said make one out branches. It you wanta move one around you can use some burlap and just wrap around a few small trees to form a circle (make sure it folds open to at least 48" wide or more). Or Sportsman Guide has some that are relatively cheap.

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • iluvgunsiluvguns Member Posts: 5,351
    edited November -1
    I can't remember the brand, but we have used the "dog house" blinds with great success for the last two years. I have 3, plus a smaller "outhouse" model. You can get the "dog house" for $80 to $100.
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by iluvguns
    I can't remember the brand, but we have used the "dog house" blinds with great success for the last two years. I have 3, plus a smaller "outhouse" model. You can get the "dog house" for $80 to $100.

Ameristep I believe

If huntin' is a sport, then your lookin at an athlete- T-shirt

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.