In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

need advice

craig_deer_huntercraig_deer_hunter Member Posts: 54 ✭✭
Hello I am new here but I thought I'd see if you can help. I just got a new bow. Its a fred bear and it has a stopper/dampener that is attached to the cable guide. When the bow is at rest the string rests against it. ( Sorry best way I know to describe it ). It really makes for a quiet shot the only problem is that the string knocks keep flying off when I shoot. Right now I am using a string loop and I need something to keep the loop from sliding up. I guess my problem is due to the string stopping suddenly after the shot. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. BTW from what I have read you sure seem like a great bunch and I enjoy reading. thanks.
Craig

Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach that person to
use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks.

Comments

• Options
    gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have you tried putting a nock above your loop?
  • Options
    hsracer201hsracer201 Member Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    my suggestion would be to get an Ultra-nok 2 Micro. they are very small and it will stay tight even though it may make contact. that way you don't have to use any brass nocks. it would also allow you to shoot F/S arrow nocks which would give you a 4 fps increase in arrow speed. that's just my opinion tho.

39 and counting.... deer that is.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    yes I have a nock above the loop when I can keep it on. I have put on three so far and they all have come off within three of four shots. As far as the ultra nok. I am a ground/still hunter and with my release winn free flight. (not a caliper) I was getting a little metal to metal noise with my old set up. That may be the way I have to go tho.

• Options
    Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Glad to have you here! We tend to joke and poke a lot of fun but we look out for each other like Zilla needing the screws for his whisker biscuit and me giving Zilla some safety tips on beavers with teeth![:D] As for your problem, I would suggest switching to the Ultra Nok also. I love mine and works great. Good luck and welcome again.

waco.gif

When in doubt, unload the clip, Semper Fi
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    That dosent sound right that the nock is flying off are you crinping it on with the proper tool ans size. I would call Bear and ask them what they suggest seeing as they may have expeirenced tis problem with someone else. or you can wind some serving in place of the nock that will not come off and should keep your loop from sliding up.. welcome to the forum.
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    http://www.stsarchery.com/main.shtml

Is this what you have on your bow??
    Your not really ben messin with us again are you?[:I][:o)][;)]

If huntin' is a sport, then your lookin at an athlete- T-shirt

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    http://www.stsarchery.com/main.shtml

Is this what you have on your bow??
    Your not really ben messin with us again are you?[:I][:o)][;)]
    [:I][:I][:I][:I][:I][:o)]good one but I'll kill him[:D]

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    [:p]

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Ok bens been in the juice a bit early it seems.

• Options
    edited November -1
    Here is what it looks like. http://www.beararch.com/products/detail.tpl?Id=1
    I am thinkin I'll just use an ultra nok.

• Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    Ok bens been in the juice a bit early it seems. Ya THINK[:D]

• Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is there serving on the string? If you have two rounds of serving there is no reason why the loop will move.