In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Wait look an archery topic....

gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
Ok guys ( see I dont have to say gals since I am the token gal)[:D]

What type of release do you use? I have tried several. Some I have liked some... jeeze I cant say those things here.
Anyway I made a good deal a few weeks back and have 2 copper john eagle releases. One is a 4 finger the other is a 3. Kinda a back tension meets trigger. I like them so far and am thinking about trying one of the pinky triggers when funds allow. So tell me what you shoot and why.

its all about pucks and bucks
smilie_schuetze.gif

Comments

• Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I shoot a Cobra with a wrist strap. It's cheep is the big reason that I bought it. I also like that it's attached to me so I can't drop it from my tree while hunting. As long as I can get it on without dropping it that is. It's worked fine for me and I don't see any reason to change.

waco.gif

When in doubt, unload the clip, Semper Fi
  • hsracer201hsracer201 Member Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i used to shoot truball. now i shoot cobra. i've tried almost every release there is and for some reason i just like the cobra. i have the ones that pivot up and down and side to side.

39 and counting.... deer that is.
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    Carter One-Shot
  • headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    im with slash here been using the same one for about 6 years now and it has yet to fail me knock on wood

Messenger Boy: The Thesselonian you're fighting... he's the biggest man i've ever seen. I wouldn't want to fight him.
    Achilles: Thats why no-one will remember your name.
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    True fire

If huntin' is a sport, then your lookin at an athlete- T-shirt

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    oh not many whys... come on guys you should know by now that I want WHYS!!!!!!

its all about pucks and bucks
    smilie_schuetze.gif
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    TRU ball 3D thumb pull. Its very similar to the copper john release you have above. They make a 3D picky release one for about 50 bucks or so. I don't think you would like the thumb ones from TRU ball, they may just be too big.

I like my release, when i started shooting with it not so long ago, I tried wrist strap releases and it felt unnatural compared to shooting with fingers. So with this release, all I had to do was flip my hand over. Its hard to punch the triggers IMO of a handheld release. Plus with my release, its a caliper head, so all I do is clip it on my D-loop and it stays there till i need it.
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Cobra wrist have had it for like 12 years strap is getting pretty worn I'm so use to it I'm afraid to change.

WHY
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy

Cobra wrist have had it for like 12 years strap is getting pretty worn I'm so use to it I'm afraid to change.

WHY

[:D][:D]

If huntin' is a sport, then your lookin at an athlete- T-shirt

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Fletch hunter wrist release. I bought mine because my fathers fletch hunter is over 20 years old and still functions flawlessly. They haven't changed the original design because you really can't improve upon perfection.
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Hey GOGO did ya meet last one yet our newest fictional member.[B)]
  • DIRTYRATDIRTYRAT Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have used my old Fletch-Hunter since about 1988!?! My live-in Girl-friend bought me a Scott Mongoose for X-mas and I have switched over to that and use it to make her happy since it cost her so much!{sarcasm}[;)] I really do like it but I would have continued to use my Fletch-Hunter if I would'nt have got the Scott...

Ruric, NE OHIO,
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gagirl
    Ok guys ( see I dont have to say gals since I am the token gal)
    There might be other gals "reading" the forum.
    But I concede, you're the only one "posting" on it. [;)] [:D]

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I use a cobra finger grip and the wrist strap Why BECAUSE I LIKE THEM [:D] Tried a true ball didnt like it [B)]

1 shot is all ya get so make it a " SUREKILL " (T/C Encore-/-Contender/ MATHEWS SWITCHBACK Shooter)
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    I use the all special cobra L cheap-o. Why? My reasoning is in the name, plus it works just fine. [:)]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • tneff1969tneff1969 Member Posts: 6,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I tried some of the expensive ones , but settled on a Cobra. Like the feel and the release style.
  • danski26danski26 Member Posts: 284 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am using a fletch hunter with a james greene wrist strap. As for why, the simple answer is that is the release i shoot the best with. I shoot a lot of pistols and rifles and the fletch hunter is the closest to a match rifle trigger i have found.

0311 semper fi