In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Could have had two Deer.

buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
I have a spot off the side of the highway I go into and have been sitting there after work with my binoculars on Tuesday night had a nice doe 20 yards. and on thirsday night had a larger doe at 35 or so. when the season opens I'm sure they will dissapear as they always seem too.[:p]

Comments

• bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Hopefully they disappear from the woods due to your arrow.
    Good luck buckey!!

If huntin' is a sport, then your lookin at an athlete- T-shirt

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    YEP I hope so.[:p]
  • hsracer201hsracer201 Member Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    isn't it funny how deer know when you are armed and when you are not? i'm sure they will stick around until they feel pressured. i feel confident if you have seen them twice already that you will definitely get a shot when season opens up. you might not want to go back until you can carry your bow with you so you don't * them too much. g'luck!

39 and counting.... deer that is.
    edited November -1
    Buckey, while I am thinkin about it, we will be hunting Ten Mile Creek opening weekend at least for one hunt just to see what is going on out there and to get a feel of maybe where we need to be later in season.
    I hope the BTV/EHD outbreak doesn't effect to much this year or next. We need a good frost to kill of the trasmitting insect but it doesn't look like that is comin anytime soon.

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
    edited November -1
    How bad is the blue toung I ve heard its getting worse out your way.
    edited November -1
    How bad is the blue toung I ve heard its getting worse out your way. will ship the gps units on Monday.
    edited November -1
    All I know right now is they have found 24 dead deer by one town, I hope to post some pics soon of one that one of my Vet friends just had to euthanize (I believe he was a 13pt)and is being tested for BTV/EHD and dad has lost 4 cows to it so far(all vaccinated now). I will do some askin' around here at the college and see if I can get some numbers from one of the wildlife Vets.

edited November -1
    OH BOY thats not too good. Kinda sad to seean animal go that way.[:(]
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy
    OH BOY thats not too good. Kinda sad to seean animal go that way.[:(]

I agree. That's what the anti's don't understand. A clean kill would be my preference over any other "natural" death a deer has. Let's see, the deer can die by blue tongue, chronic wasting, car, or starve/freeze to death.

Give me a double lung instead of worms in my throat suffocating me anyday.

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!
  • headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    turkeys around me are keen on knowing the seasons. turkey season last from october 1rst to the day before gun season opens for deer. I will never get a shot at one while hunting but on opening day of deer season they will walk on Q by my stand in single file line. It has happened to me the last 3 of 4 years. it even happenes where i dont expect turkeys like in heavy brush.Im cursed i think

Messenger Boy: The Thesselonian you're fighting... he's the biggest man i've ever seen. I wouldn't want to fight him.
    Achilles: Thats why no-one will remember your name.
    edited November -1
    Ok, here is the story, My Vet. friend got a call from one of his clients about this deer that was outside his cattle pasture that had been layin down there for the last 6 hrs. he was able to get close enough to see the deer was breathin' hard and it didn't * when he got fairly close. So concerned about BTV/EHD he called the vet and CPO. The deer finally got up wandering aimlessly in a 10ft circle with his tongue hangin out. My friend said he walked up to within 20yrd. without the deer running and darted it. And of course took pics before and after which you will see the before pics. he said it wieghed in at 328# and was 13 pt non typ.
    It was determined the animal needed to be put down and was along with a necropsy, they are waiting the results to see if it was positive for the above mentioned. It is sad. but thats nature.

13pt.jpg

edited November -1
    what a shame afine animal like that loosing all his senses. not even able too flee. seriously that makes me so sad to see stuff like that. even though I hunt it just seems that nature can be even cruler.[:(]
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy
    even though I hunt it just seems that nature can be even cruler.[:(]

I couldn't agree more.[:(]

Ben
  • ENOS29ENOS29 Member Posts: 699 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    [:(][:(!][V]

BAG IT. TAG IT. EAT. SLEEP. REPEAT..