In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Bow String Problem

gpang788gpang788 Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
Hi all...

I am new to archery. Just got myself an InterNature recurve. I 've only shot about a dozen arrows with it when this peculiar problem came up.

Problem is, (1) the string wouldnt sit properly in the string grooves on both limbs. On both limbs, the string sits slightly to the left of the groove by about 1-2mms. Is this a sign that the limbs are twisted?

2) Now after every few shots, the string on the lower limb has a tendency to pop loose from the nock leaving the entire bow unbraced. Will this damage the bow? I am really worried that this might cause the limbs to fail at some point..

Whats happening here? Please advise..

Comments

• Options
    danski26danski26 Member Posts: 284 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds like you have twisted limbs. Check both strung and unstrung for a curve in the limbs. Looking lenghtwise from one of the limb tips see if the limb tips line up while the face of the bow is towards the sky then flip it over and see if the "curve" in the recurve line up.

If they do not, first you should not shoot it anymore. Having the sring come off after or during a shot is not fun. If it is a new bow TAKE IT BACK! If it is used you might have to take your lumps on it and be more careful in the future inspecting before you buy.

0311 semper fi
  • Options
    excaliburexcalibur Member Posts: 109 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agreewith Danski26. I would stop shooting that bow and get a new one. You might be able to staighten them limbs with some steam over the stove. try it, what do you have to loose.. hope all goes well..

excalibur