In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Draw lenth question .

buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
I guy I work with bow hunts too. he has an older proline bow and is now looking to up grade. I called my mathews dealer and asked him what he had. he said not much cant keep em on the shelf. the guy is 6 feet 2" tall and I set that grizzly bow I have at 30 inch draw and it was still very short for him. here is the delima there are very few mathews bows that go past 30 " draw and my dealer insist he must be doing somthing wrong but I watched him draw at 30 and it's way too short anyone have any input?????

Comments

• Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Have him measured [:D]. The only one, I think, that goes over 30 in mathews is the Ovation. I've been wrong before, you can ask my wife.

If huntin' is a sport, then your lookin at an athlete- T-shirt

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    there are a few but they are more 3d or target bows.
  • Options
    gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    yes Bang you are right the Ovation does goto 32".

its all about pucks and bucks
    smilie_schuetze.gif
  • Options
    hsracer201hsracer201 Member Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    don't quote me on it, but i think the Q2XL goes past 30". it is an older model bow and i'm not sure if they even make it anymore. a fella i knew was 6'4" and it fit him.

hth

another quick thought. is he pulling the bow back the same way he will when he shoots? example: is he pulling it back with fingers when he actually shoots with a release? a release will add an inch or two of comfort in there. just a thought.

39 and counting.... deer that is.
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    just might have to go with a hoyt. [:p] Most of the bows will go past 32 and up to 33 with the right limbs.
  • Options
    ENOS29ENOS29 Member Posts: 699 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    BOWTECH! 5 Bows 30" AND UP!!!!!![;)]
    Yea have him sized up and will have a much better Bow no matter the brand. The right lenghth will be the key to the best preformance. (BOW AND SHOOTER)
    BAG IT. TAG IT. EAT. SLEEP. REPEAT..
  • Options
    danski26danski26 Member Posts: 284 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A LOT of people have bows with draw lengths too long for them. At six foot tall I shoot 28 1/2 inches. Have him measured at a PRO SHOP.

0311 semper fi
  • Options
    gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How is he holding the bow? The natural position should be with your elbow slightly bent like your raising a beer for a toast. The Ovation is a great bow, it's basically an Outback with a longer riser.
  • Options
    excaliburexcalibur Member Posts: 109 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would send him to a pro shop and have him fitted to a bow that suits him, wether it be a hoyt, bow tech or them over priced mathews...just kidding mathews shooters.. I am 6ft 3in and shoot 29 in draw length on my scepter 2.

excalibur
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Looks like hes draw ok too me but he does not slightly bend his arm and wont change thet so I sent him to the bow shop so he can shoot several and get fitted properly. thanks for all the responses.[;)]