In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Deer Dander..EDIT

bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
Anyone use this stuff? I tryed it last year and liked it. I read that it is made out of the oils in the deers skin.

EDIT... http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?p=1844118#post1844118

Sorry you may have to scroll to the top of the thread.

If huntin' is a sport, then your lookin at an athlete- T-shirt

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.

Comments

• gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    Nope tell me more....

its all about pucks and bucks
    smilie_schuetze.gif
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Its a spray cover scent made by the Fitzgeralds that smells just like deer. Not urine just like the deer itself. I may start using it as a cologne. I love it. you can do a search on AT and see what some of them have said about it also.

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
    edited November -1
    Have not heard about that stuff. But speaking of scents that smell good... that "Moon Fire" that stuff smells GOOD!!! I actually am useing it as a scent in my truck.

smilie_schuetze.gif
  • excaliburexcalibur Member Posts: 109 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    tell us where to find this scent.
  • gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wal-mart around me carries it. I've used it for the past 2 years, I got it from Guy and Dan fitzgerald when they came to plaid shirt night to speak. I think it smells more like pee than deer but thats just me. The VK all game attractant is pretty good but you can buy an aweful lot of Vannila from the dollar store for what the Fitzgerald's sell their stuff for.
  • Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:The VK all game attractant is pretty good but you can buy an aweful lot of Vannila from the dollar store for what the Fitzgerald's sell their stuff for.

I didn't know anyone else used Vanilla!?! I used it a few years ago, but didn't really notice if it worked. Up until this, I hadn't ever heard of ANYONE else using it. How well does it work for you Gogo? I'm just wondering because I may not have given it a fair chance.

waco.gif

When in doubt, unload the clip, Semper Fi
  • surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Anyone ever use peanut butter [?] I chew Vanilla Skoal think that would work also [;)]

GET~R~DONE!
    edited November -1
    http://www.teamfitzgerald.com/mall/TF02_scents2.asp

Walmart also carries it a little cheaper. I've tried the Vanilla killa only once, but I will be trying it a little more this year just to see what happens.

edited November -1
    It works great for me, when I am in my ground blind I spray the vanilla on the outside of my blind and the heater inside turns my blind into a giant glade plug in.
    edited November -1
    ok so whats the difference between Vanilla killa and just vanilla?

smilie_schuetze.gif
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gagirl
    ok so whats the difference between Vanilla killa and just vanilla?

smilie_schuetze.gif

The name on the bottle I would guess.

edited November -1
    heading to the woods covered in vanilla.... if I get attacked by something it's all your fault (bang).....oh and if I dont see something... it's your fault too...[:D]

smilie_schuetze.gif
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    you'll have every fly, bee, and mosquitoe trying to track you down.

Ben(who knows better than to go into the Summer Woods smelling like an icecream fart)[;)]

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gagirl
    heading to the woods covered in vanilla.... if I get attacked by something it's all your fault (bang).....oh and if I dont see something... it's your fault too...[:D]

smilie_schuetze.gif

Watch out some large person with an appetite doesn't mistake you fer an ice cream cone[:D]

"Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool"anim_naughty.gif
    edited November -1
    quote: http://www.teamfitzgerald.com/mall/TF02_scents2.asp

Walmart also carries it a little cheaper. I've tried the Vanilla killa only once, but I will be trying it a little more this year just to see what happens.

Actually Dan Fitzgerald called it Vanilla Kellogg.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gogolen
    quote: http://www.teamfitzgerald.com/mall/TF02_scents2.asp

Actually Dan Fitzgerald called it Vanilla Kellogg.

Could be, it was Guy that I heard call it Killa, Maybe he said that cause he had a deer down.

• SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gogolen
    It works great for me, when I am in my ground blind I spray the vanilla on the outside of my blind and the heater inside turns my blind into a giant glade plug in.

LOL!
    My dad always puts vanilla on him when he hunts, but I never noticed it working to great for him. I doubt the red man spit every other minute from his mouth does much good either. [:D]